What's new

Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, add version.... (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
What the crap? This is my first Thanksgiving away from home, (NYC) so I thought it would be fun to tune into the official NBC coverage, (in HD too!). What the hell is going on? Granted ALOT of the parade is pretty cheesy but that's 1/2 the charm, so SHOW the damn cheese! They start showing a performer on say, a float and after one minute they cut away to either the commentators or to what's coming up next etc.... Are people's attention spans THAT short nowadays? (And I actually do have ADD, that's why sometimes I WANT things slowed down etc...) They are barely even showing the balloons etc. just these production numbers that they cut away from before they're 1/2 way through. Reminds me of MTV's atrocious "coverage" of LIVE 8 this summer. How about SHOWING the balloons for more than 5 seconds before cutting back to Katie, Al and Matt looking all ga-ga and yapping about stuff? They are showing them 1/2 the time! I know they are the "talent" but we tune in for the parade!!!! Show the PARADE!!!!!
Unless they are planning on releasing the parade UNCUT on DVD.... wouldn't surprise me at all.

Alright, grumpy old-man rant over....

edit: WOAH! They just said there's an Eminem balloon coming up! (wink, wink)

edit:2 ok, they actually showed Aaron Neville in his entirety.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my HTF brothers and sisters!

:) dmack

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Ok, the "Polar Express" float just came on and after listening to the commentators reading a very obvious press release about the film and the "Dvd available now from...", they say "Let's listen to the awe-inspiring song!" and after 1 minute they start yapping over it and cut away...

:frowning:

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Let's not forget all the NBC Universal whoring that went on. King Kong plug? Check. The Office plug? Check. *Ad* nauseum. I'm tempted to look and see if all the music performers were from the Universal label.

At least CBS played it a bit cooler by devoting their entire first hour before the parade to Broadway & music performances. The Wicked bit from Belvedere Castle in Central Park was a wonder to behold. Definitely a :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks