What's new

Watching The Detectives (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
So how are be doin across decades with this genre? Pretty well. But here are some notable omissions. Pardon my periodic jokes.toward the end, but I wanted to have a little fun with this. Detective shows only. I will do police shows later on their own

50's - True to form, as in most genres, the 50's are the vast wasteland with releases here. I must say, I've never heard a lot of these early 50's shows. Notable omissions up to 57. Man Against Crime, Martin Kane/Private Eye. Rocky King Detective, Mark Saber and then of course. Post 57, Richard Kimble's alter ego (and Mary Tyler Moore;s legs), Mannix's circus act, and I think we can "Mark" it down, that Ray Milliand won't be seeing the light of day on DVD soon. Lastly, we have our 4 annexes from WB that can round up the bad guys but can't seem to find their way to DVD.

60's - Here, Amos Burke's limo has obviously stalled out on the way to season 2 so the "Name Of The Game" seems that their will be no further releases.

70's - Jed Clampetts cross town brother can't seem to crack his second case same as Fred the parakeets buddy. Paladin's poorly dressed twin can't seem to get away from the man with the flashlight long enough to join us on DVD. Meanwhile Perry Mason and Chester Goode seem content to finish their lives overseas.

Seriously, though. Great representation over the decades. Other than the 50's stuff, not much left. I am hoping for the WB shows though.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I thought this thread was going to be about Robert Taylor's The Detectives. :P Which of course has also not seen the light of day on DVD.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
I thought this thread was going to be about Robert Taylor's The Detectives. :P Which of course has also not seen the light of day on DVD.
Except in Germany but unfortunately without an English audio track. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks