What's new

Watching Buffy and Angel in order (1 Viewer)

Terry H

Second Unit
So I should watch Angel "Orpheus" before Buffy "Bad Girls". That is what I needed to know. Thanks.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Actually, "Bad Girls" is a season 3 episode. "Dirty Girls" is the season 7 episode airing tonight continuing Faith's storyline from Angel.

chris_everett

Second Unit
I know that this is an old thread, but the original posters question didn't get answered, and I hate to ask a question of a forum before contribuiting something to it, so, here is the order to watch BtVS season 4 and AtS seasion one:

BtVS-- The Freshman 401--This and AtS 101 take place at the same time, but this is the order Joss intended.
AtS--City of 101
AtS--Lonely Heart 102
BtVS--Living Conditions 402
BtVS--The Harsh Light of Day 403--This and AtS 103 are the first real cross-over
AtS--In the Dark 103
AtS--I fall to pieces 104
BtVS--Fear,Itself 404-- Haloween
BtVS--Beer Bad 405
BtVS--Wild at Heart 406
BtVS--The Initiative 407
AtS--RM W/A VU 105
AtS--Sense and Sensitivity 106
AtS--The Bachelor Party 107--107,408 and 108 are the second crossover set
BtVS--Pangs 408--Thanksgiving
AtS--I will Remember you 108
BtVS--Something Blue 409
BtVS--Hush 410--410 and 411 take place back to back
BtVS--Doomed 411
AtS--Hero 109
AtS--Parting Gifts 110
AtS--Somnamulist 111
BtVS -- A new Man 412
AtS --Expecting 112
AtS -- She 113
BtVS The I in Team 413 -- 413 and 414 take place back to back
BtVS Goodbye Iowa 414
AtS --I’ve Got you under my Skin 114
AtS -- The Prodigal 115
BtVS --This year’s Girl 415 415 and 416 are back to back
BtVS -- Who are you 416
BtVS -- Superstar 417
AtS -- The Ring 116
AtS -- Eternity 117
BtVS -- Where the Wild Things Are 418
BtVS -- New Moon Rising 419
AtS -- Five by Five 118 118-422 are nearly back to back
AtS -- Sanctuary 119
BtVS -- The Yoko Factor 420
BtVS -- Primeval 421
BtVS -- Restless 422
AtS -- War Zone 120
AtS -- Blind Date 121
AtS -- To Shanshu in LA 122

This is somewhat arbitrary, but keeps the story intact and minimzes DVD changing. There is one continuty error going this route:

When Cordy calls Willow for hacking advice, Cordy says that she (willow) was breaking into computer files too, which happend some days before using this episode order

Personally, I think this is better than just following the original airing order.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Also, in season seven of Buffy and season four of Angel, there is some crossover as well.

Just in case (I'm only naming episodes, not what happens in them, but everyone is else is spoilering, so...)

BUFFY 7.17 (Lies My Parents Told Me) leads into ANGEL 4.15 (Orpheus) which then leads into BUFFY 7.18 (Dirty Girls).

And then, the ANGEL S5 finale, 4.22 (Home) needs to be watched before the final two BUFFY episodes, 7.21 (End of Days) and 7.22 (Chosen).

I think those are really the only points of crossover, and as long as the above two things are followed by the viewer, the natural flow should be maintained.

Unlike Buffy seasons 4 and 5, and Angel seasons 1 and 2, the order of watching alternating episodes doesn't work out.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just got started on this series-finished Season 1 already. Liked it a lot-and I hear it only gets better.

Regarding viewing order with Buffy and Angel, could one simply look at the original air dates and decide on order that way? I know Jeff mentioned hat Buffy S4 and and Angel S1 are pretty much 1 for 1. It seems like that pattern deviates a bit in later seasons. I don't really mind the disc swapping as long as I can see them in a cohesive order.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't quite work so well for Buffy S7/Angel S2, but I wouldn't worry about it anyway - the through-line for Angel is so strong during the last couple seasons that jumping over to Buffy would feel unnatural.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I kind of wish that crossover episodes were included on each box, even as Easter Eggs. Since I plan on buying all of Buffy and Angel it may be moot, but I am also planning on buying all of Homicide and I guess I'll have to buy the season boxes of Law & Order where there were crossovers.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The Buffy/Angel crossovers aren't much like the L&O/Homicide ones, though - the former are pretty darn self-contained, whereas the latter are like a two-part episode spanning two series.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, airing order works for everythign except Buffy season 7/Angel season 4, where Angel got ahead of Buffy somehow.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info. I looked at all the air times for Buffy S4/Angel S1 and Buffy S5/Angel S2, and they are all back to back except for one period where one week Buffy wasn't on and the next week Angel wasn't on, but the cycle wasn't broken. Guess I won't have to worry about Buffy S7/Angel S4 until at least this time next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks