What's new

Watching all the James Bond movies (SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This just popped up…

I hope it comes out in 4K so I can justify getting this for the 6th time.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I hope it comes out in 4K so I can justify getting this for the 6th time.
Rumor is there are no more 007 4k discs coming this year.
Maybe in 2023.

It’s a cool set and I am tempted. I would’ve preferred 4k discs as well.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I’ve been watching some YouTube videos from a couple of YouTuber Bond fans. Not sure you guys have seen them. One I watch on and off is called The Bond Experience by David Zaritsky and the focus is on the life style and sartorial aspects and also Bond related experiences. He has a man cave where he has quite a collection of items from each film as well. He's recently been doing videos in collaboration with another Bond fan, Calvin Dyson who’s younger and his introduction to Bond was during the Brosnan era. Zaritsky also became a fan during the Brosnan era. It’s interesting to listen to their discussions about a particular film they select to discuss. And they’ve seen every film and so are not limited to the Brosnan era.

Their latest video discusses The World is Not Enough so I watched that film last night.

If anyone is interested here’s a link to the latest video:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Funny enough, though I’ve seen videos from that Calvin guy here and there over the years, I’ve been watching a LOT of his videos over just the last few weeks. I finally hit subscribe so I can go through more systematically and watch more. Really cool deep dive into everything Bond. I just watched his “debate” with Zaritsky for From Russia with Love. They both have really great channels if you’re a Bond fan.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Funny enough, though I’ve seen videos from that Calvin guy here and there over the years, I’ve been watching a LOT of his videos over just the last few weeks. I finally hit subscribe so I can go through more systematically and watch more. Really cool deep dive into everything Bond. I just watched his “debate” with Zaritsky for From Russia with Love. They both have really great channels if you’re a Bond fan.
Interesting Tommy. I had only seen a few of Calvin’s videos. I’ll check out more of his videos. I find it interesting that he must be in his early 30’s so he’s not going to have the same perspective as the older fans who grew up with Connery and Moore.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Doh! That video's 1hr46min long! Waaaay too long for an at-best, very middling (if not actually one of the worst) Bond flick, LOL. I don't hate it myself like a lot of fans seem to, but still, that's waaaay too long a video debating it, LOL -- I might as well just rewatch the movie instead... :P

_Man_

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I can DEFINITELY talk for an hour and 46 minutes about a Bond film I don’t like, but that’s just me! 🤪

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Interesting Tommy. I had only seen a few of Calvin’s videos. I’ll check out more of his videos. I find it interesting that he must be in his early 30’s so he’s not going to have the same perspective as the older fans who grew up with Connery and Moore.
Yeah, I’m getting more of a picture of him the more of his videos I watch. I think he said he got into Bond through the N64 GoldenEye game (I did too). He seems to be very knowledgeable of the video games in general as well. Lately he has been making a lot of review videos of the post-Fleming novels.

David Zaritsky I’ve seen less videos of outside of the dual videos he often does with Calvin so I should check out his stuff a little more too. They’re both delightfully passionate about Bond and wish I could join in on their convos.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Man, I was doing stuff like cooking when I had the video on, so I was more listening. So it made for interesting listening.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I’m getting more of a picture of him the more of his videos I watch. I think he said he got into Bond through the N64 GoldenEye game (I did too). He seems to be very knowledgeable of the video games in general as well. Lately he has been making a lot of review videos of the post-Fleming novels.

David Zaritsky I’ve seen less videos of outside of the dual videos he often does with Calvin so I should check out his stuff a little more too. They’re both delightfully passionate about Bond and wish I could join in on their convos.
What’s interesting about Zaritsky is he actually travels and is invited to some Bond events. One video was interesting as he traveled to the filming location for Palmyra, Largo’s house. He saw the house, the pools and met the owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks