What's new

Watch Two ORIGINAL Airing Gilligan's Island Openings! (1 Viewer)

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Guys,

Found this on "YouTube" The first is a clip from Season 1's intro sung by the Wellington's. But notice that in this version, the famous lyrics, "abourd this tiny ship." are replaced with "aboard this SEA ship!" Check it out! Trying to figure out why? If there are any GI historians or triva buffs on the forum that know why, please post!

The second link also on "You Tube" is an original airing from Season 2 "And Than There Were None." with a CBS logo lead in, and an original show sponsor! Check that out:

Let us know what you think!

Jack

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.

Actually, there are a few frames missing from that film, and the sound glitch only SEEMS to sound like "sea ship". I'm sure we're hearing a snap or crackle giving us the impression of the "S" sound, and then it skips to the "ee" sound at the end of "tiny". Musically it doesn't fit. It's just a missing couple of frames.

This was the early version of the theme which didn't feature "the professor and Marianne". The Wellingtons re-recorded it for season two and beyond to include all of the cast members.

Harry

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I agree. To me it actually sounded like "tee ship". And further in they refer to the "tiny" ship again when "the tiny ship was tossed".

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
There are folks out there who pay big bucks for complete 16 and 35mm film prints used for original broadcasts. There are plenty of Gilligan's floating around with original commercials.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
They built those with commercials already inserted. I didn't even think of that. It'd be great if someone would slap those on DVDs and let us buy them.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

Are S3 and S4's opening also sung by the Wellington's? I thought it was a different group for the later seasons. I LOVE the openings on S2 and S3. That marching band type music for the theme is SOOOOO addicting! I was told at this other GI board that the DVD used S2 opening for the S3 disks. What are the differences between S2 and S3's theme?

Anyways, on the YouTube clip, the sound is great even though the picture is crappy. The thunder is also much louder and longer than I remember even different that that opening on the DVD.

Jack

Aaron Handy III

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Handy III

The Season 3 theme adds echo effects which aren't audible in the Season 2 theme. You notice this due to the storm winds being more louder in the Season 3 theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks