Watch the Skies (Science Fiction Documentary)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Robert Crawford, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This 2005 documentary produced by Turner Classic Movies is showing on TCM this month and features commentary from Spielberg, Lucas, Cameron and Ridley Scott. I watched it this afternoon and I must say it's pretty damn good. I would expect that someday it will be an extra for a future dvd release like a Forbidden Planet SE. That's just a guess on my part, but it sounds very logical to me. You can read the link below which lists other showings and some insight on the documentary.

http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/T...,95551,00.html

Crawdaddy

2. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    Although it turned out to be a promo piece for Spielberg's WAR OF THE WORLDS I still found it to be pretty good. The other three could have been edited out but Spielberg was really wonderful, childlike in his talk of seeing these films way back when. A longer interview with him would have been better especially since a lot of films weren't covered.

3. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Overall very good, just not quite what I was expecting. It deals primarilly with '50s sci-fi. Nothing wrong with that but the TCM description (link above) which I had read before watching is a little misleading.

I wish they had covered more films. They spent a good bit of time on a handful of films and ignored others. What's there is good, I guess it would have been better at 2 hours. I remember when I watched it looking at the clock and thinking 'this isn't going to be long enough'.

Towards the end it does almost look like a WotW (2005) commercial. Which is fine with me. [​IMG]