Watch the Fast & the Furious DVD tonight!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeffreyH, Nov 1, 2001.

1. JeffreyH

JeffreyH Stunt Coordinator

Tonight I watched an early release of The Fast & the Furious. It was a copy released to Rogers Video employees.
    I just happen to know someone that works there.
    I guess employees of places like Rogers and Blockbuster get copies of movies early in their stores but until recently it was always just VHS copies, but now companies are doing it with DVD's as well.
    I'm not sure the release date on this DVD in the first place, anyone?
    The disk doesn't have any of the features or menus on it with this early edition, just like watching a VHS.
    5.1 DD of course and a great pic.
    Anyway I thought the soundtrack was great, lots of import car sounds, which you all know are highpitched and sound like someone farting in a tincan. We've all heard them tearing around with their loud stereo's cranked. The soundtrack in the movie is no different.
    One thing I did notice was this soundtrack is louder than most others. I had to keep the level lower than I usually watch movies at. The voices come through wonderfully.
    I just bought a new TV so everything looks great to me right now, and it's only the second movies I've watched on it. So I can't really compare it to much else.
    As for the movie, it kinda sucked, especially the ending.
    If you've seen it I'm sure you know.
    That's it!
    L8R
    Jeff

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

quote: I'm not sure the release date on this DVD in the first place, anyone?[/quote]
    Jan. 2nd!!!
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    [​IMG]
    MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
    [Edited last by David Lambert on November 01, 2001 at 08:42 PM]

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Great to hear. I consider this one of the hidden pleasures of the spring (kind of like the Mummy). Totally genre, and loud to boot, but miles ahead of Drivel/Driven.

4. Charles M

Charles M Stunt Coordinator

Isn't this going to have a DTS track a well? DVDfile or DVDtalk had it listed with both formats.
    ------------------
    The only dumb question is the one you never ask....