What's new

Watch Eli Roth's "Thanksgiving" Trailer - *Grindhouse* (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
GREAT trailer! I had just read that the trailer for Thanksgiving that's sandwiched in between the two 'features' required cuts to get an R-rating. Actually, I thought it was incredibly tame. ...and I think it gives a new meaning to the phrase "running around like a checken with its head cut off".

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I think that's the cut version. Actually, I'm almost sure of it. I read that the trampoline scene is violenty explicit and includes a beaver shot. Since that's missing, I assume the trailer's missing other shots too.

JoshEE

Agent
It's the actual trailer that appears between the two films in Grindhouse, nothing is missing.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Ryan meant that the trailer had to be trimmed down to get past the ratings board, so it's not the original cut of it.

JoshEE

Agent
Oh ok, I can only wonder what was in the original then. I loved the Thanksgiving trailer but my girlfriend, not so much. I think my favorite one was the first one, which I think was Rodriguez's. I also liked Rob Zombies, it has a surprising cameo.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Is this for an actual movie??? or is it a spoof? Either way I freaking loved it..

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
"It's Blood."
"Son Of A Bitch!"

I noticed music from "Creepshow" playing during the trampoline scene.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's a fake trailer that Roth made as a part of Grindhouse. Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez had some of their friends (Eli Roth and Rob Zombie) make up some fake trailers to add to the feel of the 1970's style drive in/sleaze theater movies.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Travis..

Gotcha.. Kinda had a feeling that was the case.. but man I actually like it..lol..

Great stuff..

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
fairly disturbing in spots. the whole cheerleader thing, I don't think I've cringed at something like that in ages. that being said, it just makes me more excited for Grindhouse.

I liked the very "Halloween" based influence that it had going for it. the announcer was nice and annoying like in those slasher flicks. very well done, creepy, gory and fun.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
This is one of my must-sees. I'm probably going to have to check this out on my own since my pregnant wife wants no part.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
In 2007 it takes a severe amount of skill to make a trailer that looks like it was made with no skill in 1970. Its almost mindboggling that this and 'Corpse Corp' were filmed recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks