What's new

Wat do i need to run Xbox,tv,dvd through HOME THRTRE SYS?? (1 Viewer)

Graeme_W

Auditioning
Hewo!! PLZ HELLLLPPPP
Recently bought an XMS Home theartre system which i use now just with my dvd player..but cant run tv or nethn else with it.

Wat to i need now to run my xbox,normal tv with ..Do i buy sum sort of amp? something with those 6 input connections(sourrond left,right,centre,sub,etc...)

BUT wat can i buy that can run everything??

AND wat do i pluy into wat if there is sumthn? (i have an akai 68cm flat screen wif 3 AV OUTPUTS,INPUTS.5.1 channel compatible dvdv player,XMS home theatre system)

sorry if dumb qyuestion,dnt really know much about all this..
thanks heapz..

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Please state the problem a bit more clearly, please. Try to refrain from using Intenet shortcuts on the language. We'd love to help, but we need to understand what you're saying. Thanks.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I think the thing he needs is a receiver that allows video switching. A receiver that has multiple inputs for say, S-video.

The back of your receiver needs to have inputs for all your sources. The cable that comes from XBOX (whether it is composite, SVHS or component) needs to connect to your receiver. TV source, DVD and all other sources the same. Then you need to run a cable from the receiver to your TV.

When you look at the specs of a receiver, look for these inputs and outputs:

Analog Audio / Video
Component VideoComponent Video
S-Video

Graeme_W

Auditioning
Hi all.. really need ya help

Im DIENG to find a way to run my home theatre sys with my TV,xbox AND my dvd player..IS THIS POSSIBLE?!!!!??????????

Does a DVD player exsist with 5.1 channel outputs on the back,tv tuner& additional av output for an xbox??

Where i could easily press a button to change from tv to dvd,xbox etc...

Thanks heaps 4 ne help......

Graeme_W

Auditioning
Hi all.. really need ya help

Im DIENG to find a way to run my home theatre sys with my TV,xbox AND my dvd player..IS THIS POSSIBLE?!!!!??????????

Does a DVD player exsist with 5.1 channel outputs on the back,tv tuner& additional av output for an xbox??

Where i could easily press a button to change from tv to dvd,xbox etc...

Thanks heaps 4 ne help......

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Usually this type of switching is done via the A/V receiver, not the DVD player. Most (if not all) current A/V receivers allow you to switch multiple inputs to a single type of video output (s-video, component, etc.). Some even upconvert composite and s-video to component. You would also need this receiver to power your surround speaker system. A DVD with 5.1 outputs only gives a line level signal which is not sufficient to power the spekers, the A/V receiver amplifies this signal so you get sound out of your speakers. Also, unless you want to get into the various high def audio formats, a DVD player is not required to have 5.1 outputs, a single digital out is fine for connection to the receiver.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Usually this type of switching is done via the A/V receiver, not the DVD player. Most (if not all) current A/V receivers allow you to switch multiple inputs to a single type of video output (s-video, component, etc.). Some even upconvert composite and s-video to component. You would also need this receiver to power your surround speaker system. A DVD with 5.1 outputs only gives a line level signal which is not sufficient to power the spekers, the A/V receiver amplifies this signal so you get sound out of your speakers. Also, unless you want to get into the various high def audio formats, a DVD player is not required to have 5.1 outputs, a single digital out is fine for connection to the receiver.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
For that purpose there is the Audio Video Receiver (AVR). Hook your DVD, XBox and TV to AVR and then the AVR to TV. Then switch the AVR selector from DVD to Vid1 to Vid2. Vid1 could be your Xbox and Vid2 your TV tuner.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
For that purpose there is the Audio Video Receiver (AVR). Hook your DVD, XBox and TV to AVR and then the AVR to TV. Then switch the AVR selector from DVD to Vid1 to Vid2. Vid1 could be your Xbox and Vid2 your TV tuner.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Please do not post multiple threads in multiple forums asking the same question. Your three threads on this topic, along with all answers received to date, have been consolidated here.

M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Please do not post multiple threads in multiple forums asking the same question. Your three threads on this topic, along with all answers received to date, have been consolidated here.

M.

Graeme_W

Auditioning
thanks all!
HAHA...sorry if sounded like an ass,didnt know postd twice,new to all this technical stuff so bear with me...PLZ??

thanks again..

Graeme_W

Auditioning
thanks all!
HAHA...sorry if sounded like an ass,didnt know postd twice,new to all this technical stuff so bear with me...PLZ??

thanks again..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks