Wasn't there supposed to be a "in chronological order" version of Memento?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by todd stone, Oct 2, 2003.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

Instead of starting from the end of the movie to the beggining wasn't there talk of a special edition going from the beggining to the end?

2. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

I seem to recall the Special Edition deluxe version that came out had a east egg or hidden way you could watch the movie in order. Can anyone confirm this?

I did read plenty of times that the menu system was horribly annoying and a PITA to go through... thus I didn't double dip on it and I'm happy with my first copy [​IMG]

3. Darren_Reed

Darren_Reed Extra

Yes, the Special Edition does indeed have the chronological cut of the movie, accessible thru a series of crazy menu prompts. It even starts with the credits going backwards [​IMG]

4. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

Hrmm interesting. I have the 2 cd set, I guess thats the SE.

I remember CD2 being very annoying with some sort of quiz that went on forever? I just gave up.....

5. Ben Osborne

Ben Osborne Second Unit

The limited edition DVD that comes in what looks like a medical file is the one that has this easter egg on disc 2. It is a lot of trouble to get to the chronological version. You can find the instructions on DVD Easter Eggs.

The movie isn't as good as it is when watched in its original order, obviously, but it's fun and interesting. Whatever you do though, don't press stop in the middle of it, intending to come back later and watch the rest. You will not be able to resume where you left off. [​IMG] I learned that the hard way. And if I remember correctly, it doesn't allow you to advance scenes of fast-forward, making it the most user-unfriendly feature ever!

6. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Todd, an HTFer (I think it was) put up a guide to those odd menus, which included easy to follow instructions on accessing the forward version. The 2 disc, paper sleeved version is the SE and does contain this forward version.

I could dig mine out later and read the instructions but maybe a search will find it before then (just searching the net in general I mean). I'm sure there must be a couple of places that have it listed.

I do remember that you want to get to the "put these 4 pictures in order" quiz page and then for the forward version I think you put them in backward order. It's a series of pictures of someone changing a flat tire IIRC. Note that putting the pictures in the correct order does something different, and I might have it reversed on which method gives you the forward version extra vs. the other extra that you get doing it the other way.

Find that menu page and then try it each way is my advice for now. [​IMG]

7. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

8. James Morton

James Morton Auditioning

This might be what you are looking for -

world.std.com/~trystero/Memento_LE.html

EDIT: I haven't posted here enough to post the actual URL.

9. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor