What's new

Washington Behind Closed Doors (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This was waiting on me when I arrived for my Christmas visit with Mom. I realize the HTF has a Rule against politics so, I wont go there. I will say This is well Put together for something of the 1970s Era. So far I have enjoyed watching it and have been able to figure out which Characters= the key people in the administration of the time.

However, my one issue with it is that the sound quality is extremely poor on one of my Tv's but Its much better on the other. IM guessing that is a settings issue??. The TV the sound is poor on is a Sharp 32 inch 720p roku enabled model I purchased in 2017 the day after thanksgiving

The Sound is Much better on a 40 inch non Smart Samsung I purchased in 2012. This is the 2019 Re release. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue ?

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’ve watched 5 of the 6 parts and I have yet to see the paramount logo in opening or closing credits

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I remember watching this when i was younger and really enjoying it. I didn't realize there was a DVD release so I'll have to rectify that soon!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, it has the standard CBS/P Header at the beginning that appear on all DVD releases. However, no appearance of the Old Paramount/ Gulf Western Logo at opening or close

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Yes, it has the standard CBS/P Header at the beginning that appear on all DVD releases. However, no appearance of the Old Paramount/ Gulf Western Logo at opening or close

What a shame-- I thought for dadgum certain that at least one Paramount logo would be there.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What a shame-- I thought for dadgum certain that at least one Paramount logo would be there.

Yeah, if it is and always has been a Paramount property, why would you not have the logos exactly as they were at the time of original release?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Yeah, if it is and always has been a Paramount property, why would you not have the logos exactly as they were at the time of original release?

Good question, and because of that, there will be no purchase for me on that 1977 ABC miniseries (one I've really wanted to see), whereas (unrelated) the British China Syndrome Blu will indeed be a purchase, because that one does have Columbia's Sunburst/Abstract Torch (in addition to being region-free).

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Columbia has always been an interesting studio to me. It’s association with screen gems back in the day. Now it’s owned by Sony but it’s good that it still exists

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
However, CBS itself eventually wised up on its logo replacement practices in recent years, though the outlook isn't so rosy yet, especially regarding what's on The Brady Brides episodes from within The Brady Bunch's 50th Anniversary box set (not CBS Television Distribution, but rather the 1995 Paramount Domestic TV "CGI" logo, in place of the original 1980 Blue Mountain).

~Ben

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
However, CBS itself eventually wised up on its logo replacement practices in recent years, though the outlook isn't so rosy yet, especially regarding what's on The Brady Brides episodes from within The Brady Bunch's 50th Anniversary box set (not CBS Television Distribution, but rather the 1995 Paramount Domestic TV "CGI" logo, in place of the original 1980 Blue Mountain).

~Ben

What I wonder (on a similar tangent) is why the Odd Couple all-in-one was doubly whammied (not just having a lot of musical cuts, but also having the CBS/Paramount distribution logo on the remaining four seasons, whereas the Split Box of the time was on the first go).

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin

The other thing bothering me about logo replacement is that some DVDs of Universal Television shows, like Buck Rogers in the 25th Century and the miniseries Centennial, is that Universal's 1997 movie logo is seen before the opening credits, and deleting the closing logo from the end credits. I wonder if the re-releases of these two have the original 1977 Universal TV logos restored?

~Ben

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

The other thing bothering me about logo replacement is that some DVDs of Universal Television shows, like Buck Rogers in the 25th Century and the miniseries Centennial, is that Universal's 1997 movie logo is seen before the opening credits, and deleting the closing logo from the end credits.

That wasn't the only time the Universal logo of the time was deleted, and the 1997 film logo used-- Knight Rider and Miami Vice had it like that as well with the 80s Universal logos.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That wasn't the only time the Universal logo of the time was deleted, and the 1997 film logo used-- Knight Rider and Miami Vice had it like that as well with the 80s Universal logos.

I have both Knight Rider and Miami Vice Mill creek releases I need to check to see if the 80s logos for Universal were restored. I also have the universal Release Seasons of Knight Rider. I need to Check those but I know the 1997 Logo is in the Header Intro. Also I am watching Dragnet 1967 right now. When I saw Season 1, (released through universal) It was not the original. However, seasons 2-4 were released through a license with Shout. I believe the Logos of the time are on those

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I have both Knight Rider and Miami Vice Mill creek releases I need to check to see if the 80s logos for Universal were restored.

I'm sure you'll see them; I had those releases at one time (all-in-ones), and while those logos are there, the tradeoff is 5-6 shows to a disc; the logos, though, are indeed there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks