Was this a good deal on Polk?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ashley__cooper, Sep 11, 2003.

1. ashley__cooper

Today I bought a pair of Polk Audio RTi38s for $72 each and a pair of Fxi30s for $87 each. I've heard word of closeouts, perhaps this is why.
    Polk suggests $250 for each of these speakers and circuit city's online price for the fxi30s was $135 each. No listing there for the RTi38s, but the 28s are $90.
    I've loved my past Polks, but am I missing something here? Is there something wrong with these models? Mine are new in the box and I can return them if need be.
    Any thoughts?

2. Lee Bailey

Lee Bailey Second Unit

Lee Bailey
  3. Ron Daily

Ron Daily Extra

Wow! rti38,s for $72 each? I love mine and i wouldnt mind another set at that price. Where did you buy them? thanks! Ron

4. ashley__cooper

Circuit city. I read another post about their selling polk stuff for cheap w/ a line line coming in. I'd check it out soon.

5. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

Sounds like you got a good deal.[​IMG]

6. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Second Unit

Ashley Cooper wrote: "Today I bought a pair of Polk Audio RTi38s for $72 each and a pair of Fxi30s for $87 each."

I know that these speakers have been discontinued and the deals are great, cuz I got a good deal, myself. At least I thought I did until I read this post.

What I wanna know is what caliber of gun did you use?

[​IMG]

7. Mark All

Mark All Second Unit

The Circuit City in-store pricing seems to vary by region quite a lot right now. The RTi150s were at a final sale price (below $300 each) a couple of weeks earlier in other areas than mine. The smaller speakers in my area are only about $10 below Circuit City's Web site pricing right now through September 20. All I can suggest is paying a nearby store a couple of visits over the next couple of weeks to check for price matching. I've done this and saved $450 so far this week on Polk speakers I bought within the last month.

8. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Like said already it is because of the new models coming in. Right now you can buy several Polk speakers at well below store cost. Our store today had the RTI150 on sale for 262.95 each & thats almost 100 bucks below store cost.
    So if your looking for Polks now is the time to get them.