What's new

Was The Fast & The Furious the worst movie of all time? (1 Viewer)

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Aren't the crappy, mass market pieces of dog drool always the tops in pre-order and sales? (well, maybe not ALWAYS). I could reel off about a dozen titles that come to mind, but, why start a war?

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Love the flames shootin out the exhausts!!
That alone made it the best of all time :D
P.S.This was the Cheeziest Movie i have ever seen!!!

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Concerning the comments about this forum being just about audio and video, since when has a home theater been merely about crappy film with great audio and video? I would NEVER buy a film I didn't like just because it had a thumpin' DTS soundtrack. If the film is stupid, no manner of audio or video is going to make it better.

-Tom

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Anyway, guys and gals...

Perhaps my wordage was kind'a harsh. But, I do love to snipe at such films; "Pearl Harbor", "Godzilla", "Inedependce Day"... there are so many--many of them far worse than the quick, off the cuff titles mentioned above.

BUT... the same people who praise such movies are often the same people to throw around that, personally dreaded, over-used pronouncement of: "chick flick". Very often that title is bestsowed upon anything that requires even a smig'n of thought or contemplation, and lacking the pre-requisite number of explosions.

There's nothing inherently wrong with regarding the art of film in the same manner as an amusement park ride--hell, sometimes I do that, too. The art, and I do mean art, of filmmaking, is, in my humble opinion alone, better off when either extreme is afforded less clout; less influence culturally and monetarily .

Christian Morley

Auditioning
Oh come on, I havent seen it yet but I can't see how it could possibly be anywhere near as bad as the all time piece of crap Armageddon. Nothing even comes close to that stinker....Armageddon made Glen or Glenda look like a masterpiece. TFATF didn't have Bay involved with it as far as I know so it must be better.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Nope, the worst movie of all time is "Funny Farm" with Chevy Chase. A pitiful display of subpar writing, lame slapstick and bad acting.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Damn, I love Funny Farm! I love all Chevy Chase movies!
Do you guy's need a list of TRULY bad films? Because you guys are barking up the wrong tree! I'm probably the worlds most liberal film critic, I like almost everything!
But..... I can name some real POO POO films if you like.And if I think it's POO POO, then it's a safe bet that it is POO POO. ;)

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Has much as I didnt really care for the film, I gotta say that the scene with the truck at the end was a great scene. Fantastic stunt work.

GlenH

Stunt Coordinator
Few things...

1. NOS, nitrous, N.O.S. - it's all the same. Many of the street racers DO call this stuff "naus" so that should not be a reason to dislike this movie.

2. "Spoon" engines = engines built by a Japanse company called "Spoon". Same as saying "Mugen" engine or "Saleen" engine or "Callaway" engine... you get the idea.

3. I have NEVER seen, heard or read about ANYONE calling FATF "the best movie of all time". While it was a pretty bad movie, IMO, it was very entertaining. I think it was the mix of the soundtrack, street racing theme, cool looking cars that combined to make it so entertaining.

IMO, Armaggedon borderlines on being one of the STUPIDEST movies of all time, yet, for some reason, whenever it's on, I'm drawn in to watch it. I get a similar feeling when watching FATF.

Glen

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
IMO, Armaggedon borderlines on being one of the STUPIDEST movies of all time, yet, for some reason, whenever it's on, I'm drawn in to watch it. I get a similar feeling when watching FATF.
If Armageddon is the stupidist film of all time, yet draws you in, that is a sign that Armageddon has some redeeming value for you, whether you want to admit it or not Armageddon is a great film with a great concept, likeable and fun characters.

What is it with you people? What kind of movies do you like? How can anyone not be entertained by Armageddon or F&F?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
IMO Armageddon sucked. I watched it once and that was one time too many. Just finished watching F&F tonight actually. Found it very entertaining. Gave my HT a workout and I could find a lot worse ways to spend a couple hours. Would I buy the movie? Absolutely not. No matter how good it sounds it's not worth the purchase. But if it was on cable late one night in a couple years, I won't change the channel.

John Sully

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Roger Ebert gave it a 3 star rating. Not bad. I thought it was a pretty fun, mindless action flick. If you take it that way and don't expect anything else from it than entertainment it succeeded in spades. It was certainly one of the better action flicks of the year.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
So you guys haven't seen Link Removed starring the Bee Gees??
THAT is what we call the worst movie ever here in my house...

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Well, Roger Ebert gave it a 3 star rating. Not bad.

Please, PLEASE don't tell me that you're relying on Roger Ebert for ANYTHING. He gave three stars to Tomb Raider. TOMB RAIDER. He also gave three stars to Memento and The Fellowship Of The Ring. Any remotely discerning film aficionado can tell that the two latter films are MUCH MUCH better than Tomb Raider. I might also add that he rated Star Wars Episode I: TPM higher than all of these aforementioned films. He has no credibility in my eyes.

-Tom

GlenH

Stunt Coordinator
If Armageddon is the stupidist film of all time, yet draws you in, that is a sign that Armageddon has some redeeming value for you, whether you want to admit it or not Armageddon is a great film with a great concept, likeable and fun characters.

What is it with you people? What kind of movies do you like? How can anyone not be entertained by Armageddon or F&F?
OK, at the risk of getting way off topic, let me respond to your comments.

1. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about certain movies. Just check out the opinions on Moulin Rouge which ranges from ecstatically positive to extreme dislike. For you to imply that EVERYONE should be entertained by Armaggedon and FATF is, simply, ridiculous.

2. As indicated in my message, while I think both FATF and Armaggedon are bad movies, I found both to be "entertaining" so, contrary to what you are stating, I WAS entertained by these 2 movies.

3. If you really want to know why I thought Armaggedon was so bad, it boils down to a few basic things:

1. Ridiculous contradictions like how Bruce Willis' character tried to kill Affleck's character in the beginning, then in the end, all of a sudden, he loves him like a son. Also, what's up with the Willis character shooting up his own oil rig while his investors are there. WTF?

2. Despite the gravity of the problem in the movie (total extinction on earth), most of the characters don't seem to realize what they are dealing with and continually fuck around during training and the actual mission.

3. Why didn't they kill the Buscemi character right off the bat when he was causing all that trouble? I would think with the entire world on the line, if he was whacked out and a liability to the mission, someone would have stepped up and killed him already.

4. At the end of the movie, when Bruce Willis is about to blow up the asteroid, why the hell does he pause to say "yippe ka-yeh mothefucker" or whatever that ridiculous line was, as the countdown reaches near zero? Why doesn't he just immediately push the button once he grabs hold of it?

There's probably more stuff that annoyed me with this movie, but these are just some of the things off the top of my head.

But, as I indicated before, despite the flaws, I found both Armaggedon and FATF entertaining.

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks