What's new

Was The Fast & The Furious the worst movie of all time? (1 Viewer)

Paul Bartlet

Stunt Coordinator
Point Break: Undercover cop gets himself into a group that is suspected of robbing banks. He does this through a women that is a part of this group. Becomes friends with them, and surfs with them.
He catches them, and at the end, lets main guy go.
Now, where u see "surf" replace with "cars", and where you see "banks" replace with "trucks".
I felt ripped off after seeing Fast and Furious :angry:
Complete waste of 90minutes.

DarrenA

Second Unit
Paul,
Your Point Break analogy is completely accurate, and has been mentioned on this forum a lot already. However, many folks who despise the Fast and the Furious go on to say how much they enjoyed Point Break. Go figure.:rolleyes
I absolutely HATE racing and I despise these souped-up cars that are driven by macho-wannabe punks.
I could easily tell by the F&F trailer alone that this movie was going to contain racing of souped-up cars by macho-wannabe punks. This is the reason I watch trailers, to get a better idea if a movie is worthy of viewing.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The dialogue.....it makes me cry. Horrible horrible movie.
What was it the pizza guy said? "Goddamn streetracers!" The way that line was delivered reminded me of something you'd hear in a badly-dubbed kung fu movie...

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
OK, some said TFATF was the worst movie of all time. So I guess that makes DRIVEN Oscar material. I mean DRIVEN had a great plot along with great acting and its portrayal of race car diving was so accurate I thought I was watching a documentary.
Talk about realism, who needs "IMAX's Super Speedway" when we have a much better version in a movie like "Driven" that deserves an academy award. ;)

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
I disagree. It's a total piece of shit that tries to take itself seriously and after 90 minutes of total bullshit, all you get as a payoff is a ten minute car chase with a HORRID CGI shot to top it all off. Oh, did I mention that it's a total disgrace to the original?
Oh yes, thats worse than 1hr.47min of absolute bullshit CGI car racing with one of the worst plots ever devised thrown into it.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Gone in 60 was at best a lousy B movie. The two reasons it was by far and away a better film than Fast and Furious...
-Nicholas Cage
-Shelby.
When a lousy B movie is far and away better than the other, you don't need to be a rocket surgeon to figure out what I thought of F & F.
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
What killed the movie for me was the whole stupid reference to nitrous as "NAWS". They were just reading the bottle which has N.O.S. written on it, which is a abbreviation for "Nitrous Oxide Systems". And the dialog was sad, what’s with lines like this "I need one of the big bottles...no wait, make it two and I need it by tonight." and "I’ve seen the way you drive man, you got a heavy foot, you’re gonna blow yourself up". And finally what's with the floorboard flying off because of you are going so fast? And two minutes later here comes Vin Diesel hopping in the car with no where to put his feet.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Well todays youth actually calls Nitrous Oxide, NAAAS, the somewhat older people like me(34) still call it N.O.S.

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Sean,

This thread reminds me a bit of one of the threads on Moulin Rouge!

Now I only rented MR and watched it once (still have it planning to watch again), but I bought TFATF and already watched it 3 times in one week... and look forward to my next viewing!

I don't care much for the music (hiphop or whatever it is), but I guess the music is appropriate for the age of the crowd in this movie.

At first, I was disappointed that there weren't any throaty V8's to light my fire, but after a while, I got to where I kinda liked hearing the drone of those 4 bangers. And I got to enjoy that '69 Charger at the end. What powered that thing? 426 Hemi or 440 .. or rat motor?

Out of curiosity, I wonder how many folks that disliked TFATF liked MR? (You, of course, blow the curve since you liked both!)

Robert McClanahan

Stunt Coordinator
This movie is a renter,but a damn fun renter.I watched in dts with 6.1 engaged and my effects speakers activated on my RV-V3000.WOW!

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Well todays youth actually calls Nitrous Oxide, NAAAS, the somewhat older people like me(34) still call it N.O.S.
This threw me, too. I kept thinking, "WTF is NAWS?"
I did notice that they had the engine sounds messed up for a few of the cars, unless, of course, they changed the firing order.:)
Something this movie did inspire me to do- dusted off the old Z28, found a quiet back road, and RUN! Since I now drive an Accord everyday, I had forgotten what 425ft. lbs of TORQUE feels like. The third gear rush from 65-100mph is still unbelievable. Still puts a big :D on my face. Real engines don't need NAWS.;)
Todd
P.S. any of you car boys out there know what the Honda "Spoon" engine is? They mentioned it in the flick.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Worst movie of all time has to go to Knock Off (Van Damme). This is right up there in my opinion. It was Point Break with cars. I can't comment on the DVD sound because I do not own this film and doubt I will ever buy it. My friend on the other hand loved this movie. I don't know how but he did.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Rick to answer your question the original Charger had a Hemi in it. I know some people at Dodge and they are bringing the Hemi back out in the 2002 Rams :D

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
At first, I was disappointed that there weren't any throaty V8's to light my fire, but after a while, I got to where I kinda liked hearing the drone of those 4 bangers. And I got to enjoy that '69 Charger at the end. What powered that thing? 426 Hemi or 440 .. or rat motor?
Rick, Joshua is right, after we get a look into the engine bay we see that is indeed the Big Daddy 426 Hemi!
And yes, I love both Moulin Rouge and F&F, and I'm not the only one, I know several other members who also love both movies. Do we know how to have fun or what?
I find that I like more films than I dislike, I enjoy the artform in many flavors and F&F is no exception, I have to state one more time to upset the F&F naysayers, that this film is a very nicely made film both visually and audiowise, and the film also ROCKS!;)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
In my opinion, no it isn't...It's one of the best films of 2001 and is a favorite of mine. The Rocky Horror Picture Show takes the worst movie of all time spot.
But it isn't my opinion which should determine whether you buy a movie. We all have our own tastes.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I have to agree, it was bad. The sound of which I was hoping to knock my socks off was fake and only loud because of the horrible music. That Charger at the end should have, could have been totally awesome sound wise but was not impressive to me.

Saving Private and the Phantom have not been bumped out of first place sound wise in my Theater, although The Blue Man Group is gaining ground.

Wes

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
What was it the pizza guy said? "Goddamn streetracers!" The way that line was delivered reminded me of something you'd hear in a badly-dubbed kung fu movie...
:laugh:
You diddn't know? That was actually the films director Rob Cohen as the "Pizza Boy". In the commentary track on TFATF, he mentions that the actor playing the part "should have been fired because he is a terrible actor." He then goes on to reveal that it was himself playing that role :)
He also admits that, Yes, he did "Borrow" or even "Stole" from Point Break. So what? The film was enjoyable. He also expounds on all of the street racing scenes portrayed in the movie, and says that almost the entire cast of extras were people from the real L.A. street racing community (supposedly including one champion illegal street racer who was cast in the first race between Vin Diesel and Paul Walker -he was the Asian guy playing the video game in his car before the race).
To answer the question of this post, No. It is not the worst movie ever made ...not even close in my opinion. I actually enjoyed it very much, and found that it did indeed have an authentic flavor of underground street racing, and close-knit groups of friends and subcultures. The dialog as it was written and sometimes delivered may have been weak at points, but the film had an abundance of energy, which I thought was the whole point of the movie.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks