What's new

Was 'Pinky' by Kazan released? Or Cancelled? (1 Viewer)

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
I'm wondering if anyone received a copy of the film Pinky? It was meant to be released by Fox on I think January 11th. However the place where I ordered it said that its releases was cancelled.

Charles H

Screenwriter
See the current thread about the delay of A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN until August. Not to start a rumor but wouldn't it be terrific of Fox to do a Kazan Collection: A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN, BOOMERANG, PINKY, VIVA ZAPATA, MAN ON A TIGHTROPE, WILD RIVER--in addition to the already released GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT and the upcoming PANIC IN THE STREETS? Or is Kazan deemed still too provocative?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I'm thinking the same thing! Last September, while HTF was at Fox Studios during our Meet, I suggested such a collection and was told that it might be a possibility.

Crawdaddy

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Thanks for the replies. I had A Tree Grows in Brooklyn on order too. That one isn't listed as cancelled, but I guess it will change to that very soon. Rather dissapointing though. I was generating quite a nice Kazan colection.

Charles H

Screenwriter
The Betty Smith novel was a best seller and a 20th century classic (it was even turned into a Broadway musical) and it was the 1940s equivalent of TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. James Dunn won an Oscar for his role as the drunken father. Peggy Ann Garner won an honorary Oscar for the role of Francie.

The March 2005 edition of PLAYBOY has a review of the dvd. The extra features include a commentary by Richard Schickel, a featurette on Dorothy McGuire, a news clip with Smith. It would certainly be a more credible addition to the Studio Classics line than RETURN TO PEYTON PLACE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks