What's new

Was "JAG: Season 5" Recalled? (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I was at my local Sam's Club a month or two ago and they told me that they'd initially had season 5 of "JAG", but then had to send it back to Paramount.

Anyone know if there is any reason for this?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Amazon and Deep Discount still list it as available, so I don't know what's going on.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
THat sounds like it was just sent back to the store's warehouse. I work for a direct competator to Sam's Club and we generally only keep dvds on our shelves for a month or two and than they get sent back to the warehouse and they get recycled back to us every once and a while (usually about the same time the next season comes out). I would doubt that the store workers would know the differerence between sending it back to their own warehouses, and sending it back to paramount.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Don't believe in this rumor mongering. Jag Season 5 is still plenty available. Borders, Barnes and Noble, FYE, Best Buy, Circuit City are still carrying all seasons of Jag.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Uh I bought jag season five the week it came out played the whole season because Id never seen five (didnt start watching regular half way though six) and had zerom problems with my set.:laugh:

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Folks:

Not an attempt to rumor monger on my part. I just went to Sam's Club to buy "JAG" because the price is awfully high everywhere else. When they told me they'd had to send it back to Paramount, I was concerned.

I have many, many shows on DVD, and I read about recalls and reissues on here all of the time.

I realize the show is available at other outlets, but it has been discussed on here (time and again) about how you can still find defective shows at retailers.

So I was just checking before I went out and spent $50 on the show...

Katherine_K

Second Unit
It's always a hit or miss at the big box stores as to what titles they will have except for the ones released in the last month or two. They have so little space for overstocked dvds and one of the ways they keep their regular customers browsing through the racks is by withdrawing and reintroducing titles from their store level inventory. Often at least at my store, tv shows are labled in the computer system as "season assortments" and the people on a store level have no idea what season is in the box when they open it.

Say ER for example. My store will get 8 or so copies of season 9, and than 6 or so copies of random earlier seasons. All with the same SKU. When they go back to the warehouse, they go back under the same sku.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks