What's new

Was anyone depressed by the 4/30 Frasier? (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It is interesting how they have created a whole new backstory for Frazier for his new show. If I recall, Nancy Marchand played Frazier's mother on Cheers and seemed to be of higher class than his Seattle family on Frazier. I also remember that Frazier's mother on Cheers was threatening Diane.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Marty, yes it was Nancy Marchand who played Frasier's mother, and it was in the season 3 episode "Diane Meets Mom" that she threatened to kill Diane.

I was actually thinking about this episode the other day, becuase I was watching the episode of "Frasier" where he dates a woman who looks just like his mother (she's played by Rita Wilson).

They watch some home movies, and she seems very kind and loving, I think they have also mentioned that on the show. Plus she, doesn't exactly look like Nancy Marchand. So yea, it seems like they sort of re-invented his mom for "Frasier".

ToddR

Agent
Yes, they re-invented his mom for the show, and they re-incarnated his father. I distinctly remember seeing an episode of Cheers where Frasier said that his father was dead.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
cheers the bar never closed at the end of the last ep the gang go into the pool room and then after sam says the bar is closed to the person at the door he also goes into the back. just another day coming to a close at cheers.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
It might have been a better episode if it had simply taken place at Cheers, rather than another bar (lounge, whatever).

However, the set most assuredly doesn't exist anymore, or parts of it are on display in various places.

It's too bad they couldn't have re-created the old place to some extent.

jeff joe

Auditioning
The reason why the CHEERS set was not used was because Glen Charles, Les Charles, and James Burrows want to save it for an official CHEERS reunion down the road.

Source: Entertainment Tonight.

And furthermore, the CHEERS set would not FIT on Stage 25 with the existing FRASIER set. I've been to tapings of both CHEERS and FRASIER and FRASIER's living room is where the old CHEERS bar used to be. I don't see where they would have the room to squeeze in both huge sets on the same stage.

And finally, the one place where you can see the CHEERS set now is the Television Museum in Hollywood, CA.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I thought one of the seasons of "Cheers" ended with a fire in the bar (but not the finale).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks