Warriors of Heaven and Earth

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Scotty_McW, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Scotty_McW

Scotty_McW Second Unit

I saw the trailer for this at the Quicktime website (can't post the link since I'm at work and it is blocked) and this film looks great! Unfortunately, it's not playing where I live. Does anyone know if it's getting a wider release? IMDB has the production year listed as 2003. Has anyone seen it yet?

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Unless it's pretty successful in its limited release run, don't expect it to expand. I saw it in Taiwan this past summer, and it was just average. One aspect of the movie really took me out of it each time it came up, and you will probably see what I mean if you see it eventually. It's (almost) laughable the first and subsequent times it comes up. The VCD and DVD is available in other regions, if you don't want to wait for the American release to come out. It was sad seeing Jiang Wen in this after seeing him in Red Sorghum earlier this year.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

It's only booked for a one-week run in Boston, and usually something which is going to expand will at least have an open-ended or two-week run here.