What's new

Warren Zevon on VH1, his last tv appearance? (1 Viewer)

Judy Y

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/inside_.../episode.jhtml

see above for info on this show- as Warren Zevon has terminal lung cancer, will this be his last tv appearance?

I will be watching this tonight at 8 on VH1. I heard it was also on Sunday and should have more showings. Just wanted to let others know, in case they had not seen it mentioned anywhere.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I don't get that program, perhaps you could let us know how it goes?

I gather his last album is ready for release.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

Just released today. Garnering solid reviews so far.

I read somewhere that he was the only guest on one of Letterman's shows (they are old friends). Did anyone see that show?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately I missed the Letterman show.

The VH1 special was great.
My local record stores sold out of the CD before I had chance to pick one up.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I watched the show last nite and what a emotional program. The part of the show that really got to me was towards the end when Warren's daughter told him that one of her unborn twins was going to have Warren as his middle name.

I highly recommend viewing this program. This show could of easily been 2 hours long and it should of been.

I missed the Lettermen show also, but they do have some excerpts from the show. Letterman what a classy guy!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul

Judy Y

Stunt Coordinator
In this show they mentioned the Letterman show Warren had all to himself. I am upset I missed that as well. Warren has always had a great sense of humor and a wry wit. I would have loved to see him with Letterman. They had some small excerpts from the Letterman show which only served to whet my appetite!

I also thought the special was emotional. The one thing I noticed which blew my mind was how easily all these male muscians/singers hugged Warren and even kissed the top of his head! Wow! I hope no one thinks I am weird,(okay, I'm weird, regardless), but that really seemed to emphasize how much they care about him.

My local best buy was out of the new album as well- DARN IT! Now I am torn between ordering it online and WAITING for it to get here or trying a few other places so I can have it NOW!

"Keep me in your heart for awhile" got me crying. I can't wait to hear the whole album.

I also agree that this special could have easily been two hours long.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
The Letterman appearance was great. There was a banter segment, where Zevon seemed very at peace and very inspiring. He performed Genius, Mutineer, and Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner. It also seemed that some of his songs were played for the live audience during the commercial breaks (there's a short section of Paul Schaffer humming the ending of Desperadoes Under The Eaves). His voice seemed pretty weak, especially during the refrain on Mutineer, but he was still going all the way with his songs.
The album is great stuff, a little rough around the edges, but very emotional (Zevon calling out "It's getting dark, too dark to see, Open up!" in his Knockin' on Heaven's Door cover is especially moving). Here's to every sandwich.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone see that show?
Probably one of the only shows I stayed up the whole time for. From what I hear, he's outlived the doctor's predictions. He actually did look pretty healthy on VH1. If you didn't already know he had cancer you would have never thought it. So who knows, he could be around for years. I remember he was once quoted as saying something to the effect that it would be a drag if he didn't live to see the next James Bond Movie (I'm pretty sure it was Pre "Die Another Day") It looks like reality didn't turn out as grim as the predictions

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks