What's new

Warren Zevon- My Ride's Here (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I can't be the only Warren Zevon fan around here. I picked up his newest one today and just started listening to it. So far, it sounds like classic Zevon. Who else would write a song called, "Long Byron's Luggage?"

What do y'all think about it?

NP: duh

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
I'm definitely a Zevon fan but have'nt gotten into his newer stuff as of yet. I spin the "Excitable Boy" album on my TT regularly, that's my favorite Zevon album.:)

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
I've got it but haven't had a chance to listen to it much yet. I greatly enjoyed "Life'll Kill Ya," which I thought was his best album since "Sentimental Hygiene" (maybe even since "Excitable Boy"), but this one doesn't seem to have the same spark as of yet. Maybe I just need to listen to it some more.

But, hey, it's a Zevon album, which automatically makes it worth listening to...

Ryan

Mark R O

Stunt Coordinator
Warren may have a modest following compared to ground breaking, revolutionary musical icons like Pink or Britney.
It's unfair to expect him to command the same love and respect as masters of scathing social satire like 98 Degrees, or those poets of the human condition, Boyz 2 Men.

But those who count themselves as his fans are hard to the core! Found a CD in the used store that was recorded live and acoustic in a couple of Berlin night clubs. He even does an introduction or two in German. It doesn't get any more Zevon than that! An up tempo, steel 12 string version of "Mr. Bad Example" is worth owning the disc for. Plus, it has around 20 cuts on the album. Very raw and essential.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think the new album sounds great. There's one tune I don't like in French, but the rest is pretty cool. One of them is about hockey (sorta) :laugh: and has David Letterman yelling, "Hit somebody!"
Letterman has been an amazing supporter of Zevon's. Yet another reason I like him more than Leno. ;)
I'm gonna have this CD in my car all weekend long.
NP: Ellington/Basie, First Time, CD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks