What's new

Warranty experiences (1 Viewer)

JasonMan

Grip
What have your experiences been with warranty service/claims? I am wondering whether it is better to go with the manufacturer recommended warranty or to buy a reputable third party policy. I know that Toshiba's recommended warranty provider (National Warranty Corporation) runs about $419.95 for 4 years of coverage. I talked to Hitachi's recommended warranty provider (Satisfusion) and a 4 year warranty costs $499. I looked for a reputable 3rd party provider and found that a 4 year Philips warranty can be had for about $300 (depending on the cost of the TV). Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with manufacturer and/or 3rd party warranties?

Chris Church

Auditioning
Not sure if this directly addreses your question, but of all places/providers, I've recently had a(n eventual) good experience with Sears on an extended warranty for a 36" WEGA.

I noticed a minor shift of text in DVD credits, as an example, and had Sears come out to take a look. Long story short... the techs they sent were clue-free, but in the end, when I complained enough, they replaced the 3 year old TV with a credit for an equivalent replacement. I'm not happy that I had to get nasty to get a manager to pay attention to the techs not knowing what to troubleshoot or replace, but I have to say in the end, they did the right thing.

I replaced the 36" WEGA direct view with a brand new 57" rear projection... I definately like the results!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks