What's new

Warning: "X-Men: The Last Stand" Wal-Mart bonus disc (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I know there are threads about "The Last Stand" all ready but I wanted to make a quick separate thread about Wal-Mart's bonus disc they're packaging with it this week. I felt fans should know what they are buying BEFOREHAND so they won't be disappointed and felt it shouldn't be buried in the other threads. If HTF feels this thread should be closed/merged, I understand.

There is a bonus disc packaged with it called "X-Men Revealed." However it is NOT what the packaging claims to be.

On the back of the bonus disc's packaging it says it contains the following:

It lists the running time at 36 minutes.

NONE of that is on the bonus disc. Instead the bonus disc features a featurette running about 1hr and 8min looking at the history of the X-Men comics.

Now I'm sure this is great of fans of the comic book but I bought the 2 pack at Wal-Mart for the behind-the-scenes material for the movie not a look at the comics. Again, the DVD is obviously false advertising. I would've opted for the cheaper single disc if I had known what the bonus disc really contained. I don't know what happened with FOX, if they mispressed the disc with the wrong content or changed their minds about the content and never corrected the packaging but I'm kinda pissed off about it.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I've always been skeptical about the content and motives of 'bonus' disc bundles.

Seems like they are a license to shovel crap or they siphon off extras that should be on the primary release.

Never bought one yet...don't want to encourage them.

James@R

Second Unit
I appreciate the OP pointing this out, but I'm not too big on bonus discs either. Most of the time, their content isn't even worth being included on the primary release.

I considered the Walmart package, but passed on it. The content didn't look that interesting, but worse, all the X3 dvd cases were badly crushed (a side effect from the cheap packaging).

I opted for the single release at Best Buy, and ended up getting all 21 deleted scenes to boot.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
That sucks that it's not what was listed on the back of the package. If anyone got this and don't want it, I'll gladly and happily take it off their hands. Please feel free to PM me. :D

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez

Didn't you care enough to read Michael's intro on WHY he decided to open a NEW thread, even though he was aware of the other existing ones?

He was just trying to warn and help other board members, so give him a break.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
I just got this from Wal-Mart.com and the strange thing is that instead of getting the exclusive bonus DVD I got another copy of X-Men 3.

And one has 10 deleted scenes and the other has about 21.

Very strange indeed. But what do I do know? I'll probably just sell the one copy to a friend.

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
Douglas did you notice any differences in the upc's so people are able to detect which have the 21 and which have the 10?

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
The one that came in the Bonus DVD case has no UPC #, but that is the one that only had the 13 deleted/alternate scenes.

The one in the Movie case (which had the 24 deleted/alternate scenes) has the following UPC# 24543 37392 on the left side of the UPC # was 0 and on the right side was 6. Above the UPC barcode on the upper right is 00.

It also only had a security sticker on the top. None was afixed on the side or bottom of the case.

But it all could just be random and the UPC# means nothing.

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
damn i went out and bought it today and watched the dvd and was like????????...... this is wrong.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
Someone posted this there:

Don't know if we'll ever find out if this is true or not cause I'm sure no one here buys Full Screen. Right?

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Douglas,

I received the 10 deleted scenes and have a UPC# of 24543 37393. Maybe this means something maybe not ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks