What's new

Warning: wallmart Madagascar bonus DVD fullscreen only (1 Viewer)

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
The penguin feature is fullscreen on the wallmart bonus disc no matter if you get it packaged with the widescreen or fullscreen stand alone DVD. It is widescreen on the regular (widescreen DVD)

Joe:C

Second Unit
So the bonus disc at Wal-Mart is the same feature that's going to be on the Madagascar dvd itself? I'm a little confused here.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I saw at places like Shopko that its included with the film itself, saying its "2 films 1 DVD). I didnt take a look at the packaging, bu I'm not sure if its widescreen or not.

So how do you get the widescreen of the penguins? DO you have to buy the single disc widescreen version?

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
My wife just brought home the double separate package from Wal-mart today. I didn't look at it though. I'll be disappointed if the bonus isn't in widescreen. I try only to buy widescreen (see my theater link below to better understand).

David

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Sorry guys. It has been reported on another site that the penguins short is on the regular DVD in the two pack as well as on the bonus disc.

So if you buy the bonus disc packed with a widescreen copy you will get the short in widescreen on the regular DVD and in fullscreen on the bonus DVD. The package/cover does not mention this at all.

Sorry for any confusion. Randy B A

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
I can confirm the Christmas Caper short is 16x9 enhanced on my widescreen Madagascar copy. (Purchased at Best Buy.)

We wouldn't want to see the adorable Mr. Chew in anything less would we? ;)

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
It was in question in my mind Randy - and I'm sure that tidbit was of help to others who may have been as confused as I was due to the way this title was packaged.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm getting "Madagascar" for my my niece as a Christmas present. Although she's only 7, she won't accept anything less than widescreen. :) It's good to hear that the Penguins short will be OAR. BTW, it was absolutely hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks