What's new

Warning Points? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just noticed a Warning Points line being displayed in my profile info in posts I have made. Not sure how long it's been there. It is not displayed for any other members.

I'm thinking that this is displayed only for me to see and that other logged-in members are seeing the same line for themselves only. Am I correct?

This makes me wonder if points can age off, like driver's license points? You wouldn't want to hold a grudge forever would ya? :P

BTW, my total points are zero. :)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Damn. Saw the thread title and thought it might be the name of a good '70s thriller I didn't know.

Okay, let's see if I'm still at zero...

EDIT: Yes! I'm in the clear! PAR-TAY!!!! :)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I would assume they are for "attacks of character" against others...I've probably skirted the "points line" a few times myself, mainly from forgetting...1. I've been doing this for years(since quadraphonic)2. I've seen/played with every connector there is3. Not everybody plays with what they bought "to see what it does outside what the manual says it does" (if you just play with what you bought, sometimes you find a cool trick)But that gets me a msg in my inbox every once in a while saying "hey now, relax...he's a newbie..."

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
schan1269 said:
I would assume they are for "attacks of character" against others...I've probably skirted the "points line" a few times myself, mainly from forgetting...1. I've been doing this for years(since quadraphonic)2. I've seen/played with every connector there is3. Not everybody plays with what they bought "to see what it does outside what the manual says it does" (if you just play with what you bought, sometimes you find a cool trick)But that gets me a msg in my inbox every once in a while saying "hey now, relax...he's a newbie..."
This confirms that everybody sees their own points and no others which makes sense. I did assume that the points would be incurred for violating the forum rules of conduct.

Hmmm....maybe item two should be in an adults only section? :lol:

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You don't want me to go there...I bought The Serpent because I know the guy who got to tie up Olga Kurylenko, lucky bastard...(and yes, I know the guy)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Johnny Angell said:
I just noticed a Warning Points line being displayed in my profile info in posts I have made. Not sure how long it's been there. It is not displayed for any other members. I'm thinking that this is displayed only for me to see and that other logged-in members are seeing the same line for themselves only. Am I correct? This makes me wonder if points can age off, like driver's license points? You wouldn't want to hold a grudge forever would ya? :P BTW, my total points are zero. :)
Look, Johnny, I didn't really want to say anything because its not my place, but...Those cats of yours are making some very inappropriate comments when you're not around! You might want to ease up on the catnip... ;)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
DaveF said:
Look, Johnny, I didn't really want to say anything because its not my place, but...Those cats of yours are making some very inappropriate comments when you're not around! You might want to ease up on the catnip... ;)
You don't know the half of it. :)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Yes, just to clarify, they are your warning points, just so you know where you stand with the moderators; it is tied to the infraction system. Moderators (Mike!) can click on the link to issue you warnings and assign points. Its up to the moderator giving the warning as to how long it takes for the points to disappear (if ever). We are still hashing out the details internally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks