***warning*** No Dts On R2 Uk Toy Story & Toy Story 2

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Shawn DuHast, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Shawn DuHast

Shawn DuHast Stunt Coordinator

Both Toy Story & Toy Story 2 list on the back of the Boxes, (under Bonus Features???)
    Toy Story - Disney/Pixar's First Ever DTS 5.1 Audio Track

Toy Story 2 - DTS 5.1 Surround Sound ES

*** NEITHER DISC ACTUALLY HAS A DTS TRACK THOUGH!!!***

I have to assume that Disney UK just copied the R1 artwork and lazily forgot that for what ever reason they've dropped the DTS tracks?????

Have tried to speak to Disney UK customer services on 0208 222 1571 but on voicemail saying not back in office till next Tues.....

Will try then and see if "anyone is at home"
    don't get your hopes up though as last time I spoke to them only a month or so ago they though THX & DTS were the same thing!!

2. Dale MA

Dale MA Screenwriter

Dale
    Well that's lame. Thanks for pointing out that issue though Shawn [​IMG]

3. andrew markworthy

Shawn - many thanks for this info. I'd already got the anniversary edition of TS1 in the R1 version when it first came out and for the sake of uniformity, I thought I'd get the R1 version of TS2 as well. Boy, am I glad I did. Sorry you're lumbered with a non-DTS version, but a big thanks for passing on this information. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Shawn DuHast

All shops have been told about it and will offer refunds on returns which is what I did, then ordered the R1's.
    [​IMG]
    This is the answer from Disney UK:-

Sent: 13 December 2005 09:28
    To: Perdesa Family
    Subject: Re: Toy Story

Thank you for your email.

Our technical division has stated they were unable to include the DTS track because at the last minute there was not enough space on the DVDs. The DVD wraps had already been printed and this mistake was unfortunately not picked up. However, the DVDs do have THX 5.1 Surround Sound which is a high quality Surround Sound mix.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the print error.

Regards

Carole Brown
    Disneydvdshop
    BVHE
    London

[​IMG]

5. Frank Vincent

Frank Vincent Auditioning

Not enough space on the DVD's? That's a lie! The American release has the same special features as the UK one, 5 soundtracks and three subtitles. The UK one only has 2 soundtracks and 4 subtitles. If they left out the French soundtrack and French and Dutch subtitles, there was enough room to include the DTS-track!

6. Shawn DuHast

after looking at the DVD on my PC Disney have put the film on there TWICE!! as the film and as "angle1" but both look exactly the same.
    Have emailed to ask why but strangely enough no reply yet....[​IMG]

7. Ravi K

Ravi K Supporting Actor

The entire film is on there twice? Disney, at least in R1, often uses the multi-angle feature to show French or Spanish credits when those languages are selected. Maybe that's what they meant to do and screwed it up?

8. Frank Vincent

Frank Vincent Auditioning

I don't think they put the entire film on there twice. They did, however, put the opening credits on there twice. If you choose French at startup the opening credits are in French.

9. Shawn DuHast

How come they have no space for DTS in R2 but in R1 they did have space for DTS & Spanish?
    Also it's only an 80 min film, when Pirates of the Caribbean is a 145 min film with DTS and 4 commentary tracks,quite obviously something doesn't add up does it?