Warniing about Cinestore (France)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ted Todorov, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

This is from their longtime partner, DVDfr.com

"Warning's note

Following the sale of the company and its merge with Allociné, Cinestore is undergoing through a series of operational glitches and can no longer manage its logistics. Several readers alerted us concerning the delivery problems of their orders, which are currently handled by a 3rd party. Therefore, we invite our readers to take all the necessary precautions before placing an order."

My last order from them (Nov. 2002) was indeed the last, as it arrived a month late accompanied by lies and total lack of help from their customer service.

I have switched to Amazon.fr -- so far so good.

Ted

P.S. I am not to blame for the bad translation -- I am quoting verbatim from DVDfr's web page...

2. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Noted. [​IMG]

Gordy

3. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

Another victim of Vivendi/Universal financial troubles...

Cheers,

Vincent

4. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Shit, I just ordered something from them, I'm such an idiot. The DVD Beaver website linked to them for purchase, so I thought they would be okay. I really don't feel like e-mailing or calling them to cancel my order. As long as I get my DVD sooner or later, that's all that matters. Does the article state what kind of delivery problems some of the customers had? Do you think things might've been fixed up a bit by now, since Universal has announced that they will merge with NBC?

6. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

It is no longer owned by Vivendi. It was sold (with other assets) weveral months ago to a group who wasn't interested in Cinestore. That is the cause of the problem...

Cheers,

Vincent

7. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Good news, I got my DVD today! Ordered on the 10th, shipped on the 12th, got here today, the 22nd. 10 days, not bad!