What's new

Warner's tv releases, any ideas???.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have read in various dvd sites that Warner is planning to release more tv product this year. Well we know Friend's and Batman Animated is coming. And I am pretty sure we will be getting Babylon 5(I wish they would announce it already). Does anyone have any idea what they are considering?? And no, this is not a "What I want from Warner" question.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'd say, given what's out in other regions

Friends

South Park

Babylon 5

ER

Coming eventually:

West Wing (in another year or 2 when it hits syndication, it's coming out very soon in the UK)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd like more MST3K on DVD. (Rhino is part of WB now)
WB actually OWNS a few featured movies such as The Painted Hills, Catalina Caper, Alien From L.A., The Black Scorpion, Cave Dwellers (New Line), Gorgo...etc
In fact, The Painted Hills is the only Turner catalog movie ever riffed on MST3K. :D
On the other hand...MGM owns all the American International movies featured and Universal owns most of the Season 8 episodes.
I hope Rhino can make a deal with MGM and Universal to release those episodes. I think a few others are owned by Paramount (The Space Children and Diabolik for example). I don't think any Fox, Columbia (other than Marooned), or Disney films were ever featured.

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
There is any word about V: The Final Battle? They promised in the chat this disc on 2002 summer

(what reminds me, the success of the disc, without edits or best-offs, has something to do with the new wave of full seasons by Warner?)

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
i know this is not a "What I want from Warner question," but just in case a warner rep reads this:

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Mama's Family

Freakazoid

The Young Ones--Via BBC

Various Hanna Barbera Cartoons

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

South Park

Get a Life

Unhappily Ever After

Rob T

Screenwriter
The Batman season box sets depend on how well the Batman DVDs that come out on April 23rd sell. If they don't sell well, don't expect to see Batman: TAS season box sets ever. :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The Young Ones--Via BBC
Jared, this is already confirmed as coming; do a search for the very enthusiastic HTF thread on that one!

If this list is supposed to include the BBC titles, then it will get much longer very quickly. Basically, BBC said that everything they've ever put out is being put onto DVD as quickly as possible while retaining good quality. So Young Ones, Are You Being Served?, Hitchhiker's GT Galaxy, etc. etc., are all pretty much locks sooner or later (the 3 I named are all sooner; by Fall 2002 apparently).

For updates on your favorite show, check out TVShowsOnDVD.com (link is in my signature, below the pictures of Al Bundy and The Tick).

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
What I want from Warner's TV library on DVD (season sets, of course):

ALF (live-action and animated versions)

Alice (plus short-lived spinoff "Flo")

Mama's Family (plus 1982 telefilm "Eunice" that preceeded it)

Night Court

and more BBC stuff. While I was in New York last week I saw tapes called "Benny Hill: The Lost Years," of the pre-Thames material, and maybe that will get a DVD release.

Get a Life I believe is owned by Columbia, who allowed Rhino to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks