What's new

Warner's TV Favorites, F Troop, Maveric,Cheyanne (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I managed to get these for about $6.00 and while I'd rather have season sets, these disks look pretty nice. The B&W Transfers on F Troop are gorgeous, Maverick is nice and generally so is cheyanne, although cheyanne has a few dirt speckles, it's pretty rock solid. F Troop is still pretty funny, although maybe not PC Funny but I'd probably buy a season set. Maverick is a great show. I'd never seen Cheyanne before and while the first ep is kinda clunk, the later shows from the 3rd and 6th seasons, show that Clint Walker grew into the role.

Still I wish Warner had gone the season route on these series, however it's nice to at least have a taste.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Hopefully, Warner Home Video will sell enough of these things to merit more releases. Watching the "Maverick" episodes, it's easy to see why James Garner became a star, but I also like Jack Kelly . . . he was the "second banana," but underrated, IMHO. "Cheyenne" was a really good series and I was happy with the episodes included on the DVD; this one goes back to 1955 and it, along with "Gunsmoke" and "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" were the very first of the "adult Westerns." With the recent release of "Wyatt Earp" and the planned January release of "Gunsmoke" and these "samplers," fans of classic TV Westerns have something to smile about. Incidentally, I found season 1 of "Wanted Dead or Alive" at Wal-Mart for $19.86 last week . . . another reason to smile.

Based on your description, I'll have to pick up "F-Troop." It's been way too many years since I've seen this show.

Derek K.

Stunt Coordinator
I loved F Troop as a kid. Hopefully, I'll like it as much now.

Chico and the Man was never a must watch for me as a kid, although I can see why Freddie Prinz became a star.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I got the three titles listed in the subject line, but have only watched an episode of F-Troop thus far. There were some funny moments, but it's a little zanier than I like. I'll watch the other eps before stating outright that I wouldn't be interested in a box set, but I'm leaning that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks