What's new

Warner's Tennessee Williams Film Collection (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Finished watching Sweet Bird Of Youth with Paul Newman and although I do not normally warm up to these sort of films - I could not pass this set by and found this to be another excellent role for Newman. The part played by Ed Begley as the corrupt Governor was very convincing along with the rest of the cast- Rip Torn, Shirley Knight and Geraldine Page. The Cinemascope image quality seemed quite good overall with a good Dolby Digital Mono soundtrack. On the back of the boxset it mentions the included bonus disc Tennessee Williams' South as only available with the set - except I noticed four copies on the shelf so for those interested perhaps it is available seperately but since the boxset is such a good deal I can't see purchasing any single title - if you like his style.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
How come everybody is getting their hands on this soon soon??

I personally can't wait until Tuesday!

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDRev...dvd_review.htm

Here is the review on the DVD Boxset from dvdbeaver. Wonderfully comprehensive review - also worth checking out the reviews for each individual movie. There are some excellent comparisons between the new and old discs for Streetcar and Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.

I have pre-ordered my copy along with The Towering Inferno SE 2 disc set. Have to wait a further three weeks :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks