What's new

Warners Next Box Set? (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
All has been quiet from Warners in the past few weeks, ad was just wondering does anybody have an educated guess as to whats coming next? Taylor/Burton Newman or Brando boxset?

*crosses fingers* Paul Newman Collection (or at least let us know what is going to be in it :D

My guess is that they would have the Newman and Brando collections out for Father's Day in September.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
I guess the Astaire and Rogers Vol. 2 might be released in August, just as the Vol. 1 was last year.
I am waiting for the announcement of the James Stewart Collection. I'm very curious about the titles selection. We know that Naked Spur and The Spirit of St Louis are going to make the cut, but I was also expecting Shopworn Angel and Mortal Storm to be there. If I could pick some movies, they would be Born to Dance and Vivacious Lady, but I highly doubt they were chosen.
Well, I guess we're going to know what's really up for August in the next few days.

Corey

Screenwriter
well i know astaire and rogers volume 2 is set for august, but i think in september we'll be getting tha 2nd bogie set w/ SE of the maltese falcon to coincide with the 65th anniversary of it release. i'm usually right, so thats what i'm thinking. wouldn't be surprised either, if the gary cooper set came out to, since sergeant yotk will be turning 65 that month too.

Seth.H

Agent
Firstly With the news of MGM/UA titles going to Sony, it is a relief to know that their classics from the 'Big Lion' :) are in safe hands with Warners. 'Phew' I received the Tennessee Williams Collection and I couldn't be happier.

Secondly, congratulations to Warners on their brilliant 2006 release calendar. It is superb. I have already pre ordered the Clark Gable Collection and The Bogie/Bacall collection for the 25th of July. Warners is second to none (although Fox is quite good) when it comes to releasing their classics. I definately have the Newman and Stewart collections on my radar. I gather Warners will provide MGM's Somebody Up There Likes Me and The Prize (which is surprisingly popular) as well as Harper and The Drowning Pool and maybe on or two others. Looking forward to a second Errol Flynn box set and one from the beautiful Natalie Wood for 2007.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I saw that at the end of July on TCM there will be a Burton/Taylor evening of films. I hope that is a positive indicator:)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I saw that at the end of July on TCM there will be a Burton/Taylor evening of films. I hope that is a positive indicator:)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Interested in the Paul Newman set, but if it doesn't include a new Cool Hand Luke SE I'll be dissapointed.

I'm dying to finally own one of my all time favorite westerns, The Naked Spur on DVD so the James Stewart set would be most welcome. But I'm probably most hyped for Warners next Classic Horror set w/ Mask of Fu Manchu, Doctor X, etc. I really do hope Kongo gets included.

BTW - Whatever happened to the Warner Pre-code set that was rumored a while ago?

Corey

Screenwriter

the only ones i've heard about were: the young philadelphians, harper, the drowning pool, and somebody up there likes me.

Seth.H

Agent

I think 2007 coincides with Cool Hand Luke's 40th anniversary (I could be wrong) and this year is 40 years since Harper.

There is your useless bit of information for the day :laugh:

Charles H

Screenwriter
Any thought given by WB to a William Holden boxset: RACHEL AND THE STRANGER (1948); A FORCE OF ARMS (1951), ESCAPE FROM FORT BRAVO (1953); THE MOON IS BLUE (1953); TOWARDS THE UNKNOWN (1956); WILD ROVERS (1971)? And FEDORA (1978)--if they ever straighten out the rights....

Corey

Screenwriter
if they're releasing a ronald reagan set, i'm sure they could release a greer garson collection with pride and prejudice, when ladies meet, blossoms in the dust, madame curie, mrs. parkington, the valley of decision, and julia misbehaves.
better yet, would be a norma shearer set with the divorcee, a free soul, the barretts of wimpole street, smilin through, romeo and juliet, and marie antoinette.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I think I read somewhere that ROMEO AND JULIET was definitely in the pipeline. Not sure if an entire box of Norma is, however. Though she was a huge star in her day, she does not seem to have the lasting allure for modern audiences of other 30s icons like Garbo, Joan Crawford, Jean Harlow, Mae West, Marlene Dietrich, etc. A shame.

Corey

Screenwriter

quite a shame. she's one of my favorite actresses. her later years were quite pitiful. WB said they would also release her pre-codes, too. she only did 3 so they would have to be the divorcee, strangers may kiss, and a free soul. they also can't ignore how many people want marie antoinette. on the TCM website, it is the number 1 requested movie NOT on dvd with over 1700 votes. hopefully TCM is letting WB know this info along with greer garson's pride & prejudice as well as bette davis' beyond the forest also being in the top 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks