What's new

Warners New Scooby Doo! I give up! (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
Warners have announced 4 new Scooby Doo releases:
http://www.dvdtoons.com/news/312
But look at this regarding the only release to include series episodes, Scooby-Doo's Greatest Mysteries :
Watch as Scooby-doo gets into a mixed-up mystery when he unexpectedly meets the seaweed-covered ghost of Captain Cutler in A CLUE FOR SCOOBY DOO! Next, see the seafaring sleuths collide with a mystery ship and try to uncover clues from a vanished crew in HASSLE IN THE CASTLE! Then, follow Scooby-Doo and the mystery gang as they outwit a bank robber in JEEPERS, IT'S THE CREEPER! and finally, see them take to the stage to crack some crazy capers in THE BACKSTAGE RAGE.
So out of the four episodes on that disc no less than 3 are available on the existing Scooby DVDs namely: A CLUE FOR SCOOBY DOO, HASSLE IN THE CASTLE and JEEPERS, IT'S THE CREEPER (available on the Cartoon Crack-ups DVD)
Does anybody a Warner Family Entertainment care even 1 tiny bit about their Scooby Doo releases? How can we stop these shovelware releases?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
James,
I think this is a FAN RE-RELEASE...LOOK:)
Munch a Scooby snack! Scooby fans have spoken! 4 of Scooby-Doo's most popular mysteries -- selected by the fans themselves -- are now available for the first time ever on this all-new video.
I'm upset as well.
I think the only one I want is the Harlem Globetrotters one.
isn't Boo Brothers and Arabian Nights the brand new(not classic) scooby-Doo's???

James Reader

Screenwriter
JohnS - its a copy of a VHS which has been out for sometime (before the original Scooby Doo's Original Mysteries was first released on DVD) so fan's wants or needs have nothing to do with the DVD release.
http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/scoob...cooby_video_21
are now available for the first time ever on this all-new video.
this is clearly a lie for the new DVD release, and shows how little care they have in even promoting the releases, let alone selecting them.

Mark Hanson

Agent
The way the recyling of Scooby episodes goes, I swear this is all that Warner can find after sending the rest to Cartoon Network. OK guys look beyond the first row.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Just got my Scooby Doo DVD's today. The problem with Greatest Mysteries is detailed on the first post of this thread. :angry:
However, now I find that simply to keep Warner's DVD5 release policy, "Scooby Doo Meets The Harlem Globetrotters" contains 2 of 3 episodes only:
From The New Scooby Doo Comedy Movies Season 1
Scooby Doo meets Harlem Globetrotters (The Ghostly Creep from the Deep)
Scooby Doo meets Harlem Globetrotters (The Lochness Mess)
From The New Scooby Doo Comedy Movies Season 2
Scooby Doo meets Harlem Globetrotters (Mystery of Haunted Island)
The DVD contains "The Loch Ness Mess" and "The Mystery of Haunted Island" only. :angry:
Warners if you think enough of Scooby Doo to release Live Action Movies, new Direct to Video movies why, why, why do you just put any content onto as your episodic DVDs without thought?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks