What's new

Warners Doris Day Collection - April 26 (1 Viewer)

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
The re-released titles, are they remastered and enhanced for 16:9?

If they are going to re-release her classics why not then "Pillow Talk", "Send Me No Flowers", "That Touch Of Mink". These were previously release non-anamorphically.
Ozzie

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
The 2 previously available Day films in this box were released OAR to begin with. No need for WB to revisit.
Happily, they will be repackaged, and into nice keepcases instead of those rotten snappers!:)

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Conrad_SSS

Yes they were OAR, but not anamorphically enhanced like most movies are now, big difference.

Ozzie

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Still waiting for By the Light of the Silvery Moon!

Can't wait to pick up this new wave though...

Hey...which movie is the one with the steam train and the lobsters???

-dave :)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Calamity Jane does not need 16 x 9 enhancement as it is full screen acadamey ratio film.

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Calamity Jane not mentioned for enhancement, I was thining of "Pillow Talk", "Send Me No Flowers", "That Touch Of Mink"?

Ozzie

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Oswald: Pillow Talk and Send Me No Flowers are both anamorphic. Universal re-issued Pillow Talk last year in an anamorphic transfer, much improved over the earlier release. They also released Lover Come Back at the same time. Send Me No Flowers was always anamorphic. Sadly, That Touch Of Mink does need to be reissued, as it is an inferior, non-anamorphic transfer.

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
I missed the re-issue then, maybe its not to late will go check, and yes my bad, Send Me No Flowers is anamorphic.

Ozzie
P.S. I cant find "Pillow Talk" as a re-issue, are you sure this is the one they reissued? From what I recall some of last years re-issue were basically the same DVD's packaged as sets with others. Maybe somebody has a UPC code for the re-issued "Pilllow Talk".

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Oswald: Yes, I am sure this is a reissue and not a repackaging. The UPC code is 25192-50842. The spine number is 25084. It has a similar cover to the prior version, but is predominantly pink and white. This same reissue was also included in the box set "Rock Hudson and Doris Day Romance Collection" which collected all 3 of their films in very nice pink box. And while the film definitely needs to be restored, the new anamorphic remaster is a VAST improvement over the earlier DVD.

Also, there was a thread somewhere here last year about it because the first pressings of the new anamorphic version had some mis-framing problems and Universal redid the discs and sent us replacements.

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Just found it under the UPC number! I can't beleive I missed this one. Now how could I tell if its the corrected one? Will try a search on the forum.

Thanks JohnMor

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I bought Universal's 3-movie Dorris Day set which included Pillow Talk and it is improved over the older non-anamorphic release...mostly in terms of reduced scan-line aliasing...though the image still looks a bit too muddy/soft-focus to my eyes and in general very dark/dim. Looked a bit over-filtered (probably to reduce the heavy grain)...but it did exhibit slightly more detail and a more stable less artifact-prone image over the original 4x3 lbxed edition (BenQ 8700 DLP projector running DVI 720P).

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
I noticed the cover art for Calamity Jane and The Pajama Game are diferent from the previous released dvds of each film. Does anyone know if these are new edtions or just repacked discs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks