What's new

Warner's A.I. packaging. (1 Viewer)

Jacob_St

Second Unit
Here's a link to Warners Region 2 alternative to Dreamworks domestic release. I wonder if we'll start seeing Warner 2 disc sets similar to this in the U.S. soon?
Link Removed

YANG

Screenwriter
Region 3's digipak packaging looks the same as the R2 release,except that there is a "WIDESCREEN" banner on the outer packaging.
If you go to www.ozdvdwhs.com.au and look for R4 A.I packaging,it will look the same too.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I hate those cheap paper cases. I'm glad A.I. did not come like that in R1. I would have even preferd it to be in a double amaray case.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I love the paper digipacks. The keep cases are nice but the customization possible on the paper sleeves is great. The Region 2 is SO much better.

And the paper sleeve may cost MORE to manufacture than the keepcases. Think about it...the keep cases probably cost pennies. Slap a lame piece of paper under the plastic and ship it out. The paper cases are color printed on muliple sides. Nice plastic disk holders - transparent to see MORE artwork underneath.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
I wonder if we'll start seeing Warner 2 disc sets in the U.S. soon?
:confused: That doesn't make any sense. Warner has released a number of 2-disc sets (JFK, Citizen Kane, Doctor Zhivago...), and a number still to come (Harry Potter, Amadeus...).
I'm not sure what you are trying to imply?
-Chad

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Warners continues to use their Ivy Hill company for packaging in region 1. They will not switch to the Amray style case unless Ivy Hill goes that route. It's a dead issue I'm afraid.

Jacob_St

Second Unit
I'm not sure what you are trying to imply?
Sorry I should have been more clear. What I meant is if Warner will start using this type of two disc set packaging instead of the "snapper flapper" used for JFK. I had forgotten that Harry Potter was going to be a two disc set.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Gotcha,
Just so you know the packaging for Citizen Kane and Doctor Zhivago look exactly like that R2 AI packaging, and those were out some 6 months ago (well CK at least).
So I guess your question would be better stated as, "Is Warner going to continue using this packaging?" ;)
-Chad

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
The R4 paper case sticks out of the DVD rack abouth 1/2 inch more than all my other discs. Other than that it looks very nice.

Harry.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Nice example of the countles number of logos that plague the physical image on the discs themselves on R2 releases. I think the images on the discs on the R1 are some of the most attractive I have seen.

The R2 box design is pretty nice though, good use of the entry to Rouge City still for the background, but in that respect they should have changed the physical disc art since disc 1 carries that same image.

Dan

Travis D

Second Unit
hehehe...

The hubs look like boobies. It fits the Rouge City style doesn't it? God I'm perverted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks