1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

WarnerMedia Launching New Streaming Service

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by Adam Lenhardt, Feb 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. OliverK

OliverK Producer

I came here to post exactly this. If it is just to watch reruns and movies there isn't that much of a necessity to subscribe to a service year-round. I expect prices for shorter subscriptions to go up when more people start to think and act that way.

2. Cranston37

Cranston37 Supporting Actor

This is something I've been advocating on here for years. I've never understood subscription fatigue because I've always just picked a different service every month.

On Apple TV, you can manage all your subscriptions in the settings menu, so it's very easy. I click subscribe for something like Netflix then immediately click cancel. You are able to continue watching for the month you paid for but it will stop at the end of that month, so there's no need to remember. At that time I either subscribe again if I am in the middle of something or I pick a new one. Takes about 20 seconds/month of my time.