What's new

Warner will they replace flippers with DVD9s (1 Viewer)

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I am referring to here the oldest Warner releases which when longer than a single layer DVD5 were released as flipper DVD10s, I guess because DVD9s were too expensive in the early days of DVD. Not the newer SE were the film is spread across 2 DVD9s like Gone with the Wind.

Will Warner ever release these as DVD9s. I thought they would be updated when Warner moved from snapper to plastic cases but in UK R2 anyway they are just a repackage of the old disks.

The ones I am most interested in are the John Grisham films Pelican Brief and Time to Kill (The Client fits on a DVD5 as its shorter), but I'm sure there are others.

I guess we will need to wait until HD-DVD although I would have thought these films would be prime titles for SE given the big fan base for the books and films.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I expect they will eventually; most of these flippers have reappeared as 2-disc SEs and I would not at all be surprised to see the rest of them follow.

What Warner hasn't done is to revisit the many P&S only abominations that they released in 1998-1999. Not holding my breath on these.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I am losing my faith in DVD9, as I have discovered an alarming number of my older titles are now failing from rot - and I do know what rot looks like.

As Mark says, I do suspect any of the older titles will be revisited eventually. I don't know that I will trust any HD product for longevity if it uses a laminated production process.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Goodfellas was one of those flippers that was rereleased as a 2 disc special edition. I am sure there will be others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks