What's new

Warner: WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
I watch this movie every time it comes on the AMC channel. I would absolutely love to see it on DVD.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Me too! I have Warner's old laserdisc version, but it's an edited "G-rated" version, and isn't letterboxed. Judging from the numerous AMC broadcasts, the film doesn't look like it's in need of any restoration, and a DVD release coordinated with Fox's ONE MILLION YEARS BC DVD (if that is still going to happen) would be super.
Back in the summer of 1991, Warner released LDs of WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH, as well as their Ray Harryhausen films THE BEAST FROM TWENTY THOUSAND FATHOMS and VALLEY OF GWANGI, all at the same time. I sure wish they'd take the same approach now on DVD, especially with the popularity of the JURASSIC PARK series (since Warner released THE MUMMY ('59) on DVD, to ride the coattails of Universal's new Mummy franchise). Good to see that we'll be getting CLASH OF THE TITANS in 2002, though.
Why Warner doesn't produce a "Big Beast" DVD box (or line) featuring--
THE BEAST FROM TWENTY THOUSAND FATHOMS
THEM
THE BLACK SCORPION
THE GIANT BEHEMOTH
GORGO (A superior Technicolor print of this should be among Warner's MGM holdings)
VALLEY OF GWANGI
WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH
--truly mystifies me.
[Edited last by Peter M Fitzgerald on October 19, 2001 at 09:47 PM]

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
As usual, I agree 100% with PMF.
smile.gif

Come on Warner, obscure little titles like Doctor Zhivago can wait.
wink.gif
Bring out the Hammers!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Fully restored and uncut, unrated European version in widescreen!
Oh yeah!
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't know that there was a European unrated version. Sounds even better!!! How much was edited out? Considering Warner Brothers stated policy on unrated titles, we may have to go looking at non-R1 discs for this one.

carl.k

Auditioning
PMF, that would be a terrific idea for Warner to release this with ONE MILLION YEARS BC during the summer of '02! Move over Raquel, WHEN DINOS playboy playmate Victoria Vetri has you beat!
vv01.jpg
vv.jpg

Jeff R., I've read there are at least 2 scenes missing from the uncut version, Victoria Vetri's nude love scene in the cave and her nude swim, both sound critical to the the story line!!! The scenes supposedly show why she was the most popular playmate of the Vietnam era. At least this is what I've read in history books. :)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Yow!
smiley_jawdrop.gif

Thank you Vetri much for that double-dose Victoria, Carl...you have me seeing quadruple!
biggrin.gif

[Edited last by Peter M Fitzgerald on October 24, 2001 at 12:55 AM]

carl.k

Auditioning
Sure Peter, here's one more! :) This is really a great movie, Oscar nominated effects and a wardrobe from "Frederick's of Bedrock," stole that one from Leonard Maltin.
biggrin.gif
An uncut version with the right cover art could surpass The Matrix in sales! Please Warner!!!
02vv.jpg

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
This is an interesting movie because there is no dialog so you have to WATCH the story. As you can see from the pictures above, the movie is easy on the eyes. It's a really enjoyable story on top of that. Are you listening Warner?

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Carl - I think you've shown Warner the perfect coverart :) - just put a model dinosaur in the background, and the title, and badda-bing, sales of the DVD go through the roof!
biggrin.gif

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Ah, more Vetri for my viewing pleasure, plus some Imogen Hassall action! In her case, I wouldn't mind being "Hassalled by the ma'am"... Thanks again, Carl!
I do believe PhilipG is onto something there... Fox took that approach to the covers of their LD and VHS jackets of ONE MILLION YEARS, B.C. a few years ago, and I've been very grateful. The painted poster art for both films is great too, though, so it's a tough decision as to which would be better...I vote for BOTH! A cover and an insert card (ala Anchor Bay)!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks