What's new

Warner vs. Favre (1 Viewer)

David Oliver

Second Unit
Who would you rather have?
One is a two-time and reigning NFL MVP. The other is the only three-time NFL MVP. Both have Super Bowl rings. With apologies to Rich Gannon and Jeff Garcia, these are the two best QBs in the NFL. And they meet this weekend
Warner
Passing Yds: 4830
TDs: 36
Accuracy: 68.7%
Interceptions: 22
QB Rating: 101.4
pros Quick release, excellent and quick reads, extremely accurate.
cons Not very mobile, throws interceptions when pressured.
Favre
Passing Yds: 3923
TDs: 32
Accuracy: 61.6%
Interceptions: 15
QB Rating: 94.1
pros strong, usually accurate arm, great improvisor, elusive in the pocket
cons prone to poor decision-making at times, can be wild with his passes
A lot of the discrepency can probabaly be attributed to the Rams playing in a more passing oriented offense and Warner have more talented recievers at his disposal.
I am biased, but I would rather have Favre. I think Favre has more weapons in his areseal, being able to throw the ball deep, short, with touch, like a rocket, on the run, off his back foot. He can make the reads and can be aggresive when need be. I think Warner is the perfect fit for his offense, no one could run it as well as he could, but I am not convinced he could be as successful without the strong supporting cast.
However, since I am biased, I want to know your opinon.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
You have to give Favre credit because his supporting casts have been so average. Put him with Faulk, Holt, etc., and I think he'd be unstoppable. He will be the only Packer going to the Hall of Fame, whereas Aikman had Smith and Irvin, Montana had Rice, etc.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. If Favre were surrounded by a real team instead of the usual accumulation of misfits and has-beens we have in Green Bay, he would be unstoppable. Doesn't make any difference how good your passer is if there's no one who can catch the ball. Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury.
Or if the football season ran December-March, and all games had to be played outdoors, north of Chicago. That would do it too. ;)

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
I'd take Favre as well. Beyond the numbers or conjecture on having or not having a great supporting cast, Favre just has the intangable qualities of a champion.

Warner happens to be a QB with perhaps the best passing accuracy ever, IMO. He's well suited to his supporting cast: WR's who simply outrun DB's. He can throw the ball (far) down the field and that's what the Ram's game plan calls for.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Favre is to quarterbacking what Payton was to running back.

Surrounded by nobodies and still excels.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Bret Faavvra.

Warner is excellent but I'd like to see him on a team with less speed and talent before I consider him better than Favre.

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
If I had to pick a quarterback, my choice would all depend on the stadium my team plays in. If it was outdoors, Favre. Indoors, Warner. How's that for a wishy-washy answer?
If I had to definitively pick a QB, you gotta go with Favre. Three-time MVP for a reason. He hasn't had the receivers that Warner has, and he hasn't had the greatest all-around back in football history to help carry the offensive load.
It'll certainly be a fun game to watch.

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
Favre is definitly the best QB in the game.

Favre is a superstar because he raises the level of talent around him. Average players play better because of him. When someone can do that, it is very impressive to see.

I think Warner is good because of the people around him. If Warner was on a team of average players, would he be as good?

Also, I think Warner is the best "pure" pocket passer. He is deadly accurate when sitting back in the pocket. Favre on the other hand can, and has done things I would have never believed had I not seen it! Sometimes I am just amazed watching him turn nothing into something.

Favre also runs the best two-minute drill better than anyone maybe of all time.

Can you tell I am a Favre fan?

Matt

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I don't see The Packers getting past The Rams in the dome. But if they do they're welcome to come to Chicago and get beat in a game that really counts and means something. ;)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I'd take favre over any QB in the game. Jeff Garcia second. Then Manning. Then perhaps a mature Vick. Then maybe Warner. maybe.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Although Warner has made me a reluctant believer, I'd have to go with the guy who never misses a game.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Favre also runs the best two-minute drill better than anyone maybe of all time.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
I don't see The Packers getting past The Rams in the dome. But if they do they're welcome to come to Chicago and get beat in a game that really counts and means something. :)
You mean the Pack will be playing the Eagles in chicago? :D
Seriously, good luck to all this weekend.
~Kurt

Kevin_W

Second Unit
If I was playing fantasy football, I'd take Farve for the season, but unfortunately in this case I don't see the Rams putting up any less than 35 points since they are at home. And even as talented as Favre is, I just don't see the Packers putting up as much especially when Freeman doesn't seem like himself this year.

Steve Schick

Stunt Coordinator
You have to give Favre credit because his supporting casts have been so average. Put him with Faulk, Holt, etc., and I think he'd be unstoppable. He will be the only Packer going to the Hall of Fame, whereas Aikman had Smith and Irvin, Montana had Rice, etc.
Umm.... Maybe this is why it's a football team?
Remember, it's usually the best rounded team that wins the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks