What's new

Warner Upcoming BDs in 2013! (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013#post_3994341
Enough people buy The Big Parade then we will see The Crowd, The Wind and Greed.

Well, they certainly have my sale. I just gotta get The Crowd. My most wanted catalog title for several years now.

I hope WB at least read my suggestions for what to correct with "Oz." One of my proposals is still in the hands of a very important restoration guy. I hope he uses it as a guideline for things to look for when fixing the movie. Also, I hope to hear more about GWTW and what they are doing to it (fingers crossed for some long wanted fixes to certain shots.)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I know I'm sounding like a broken record but please WB: RAINTREE COUNTY! RAINTREE COUNTY! RAINTREE COUNTY!
To their credit it seems like they want to bring it out, but I guess it needs a lot of work done...

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Robert Crawford said:
The HTF Meet spent some time with Warner and based on what was said by Jeff Baker, George Feltenstein and others, the following classic film titles are coming out on Blu-ray in 2013:
Easter Parade
The Jazz Singer
Driving Miss Daisy
Grand Hotel
Mrs. Miniver
Giant
East of Eden
Rebel Without a Cause
Little Caesar
The Public Enemy
The Petrified Forest
White Heat
House of Wax (3D)
The Big Parade
Enter the Dragon (40th Anniversary)
The Exorcist (40th Anniversary)
A Christmas Story (30th Anniversary)
The Right Stuff (30th Anniversary)
The Mad Max Collection
Ocean's Collection including Sinatra, Martin and Davis film
Goodfellas
The Wizard of Oz (75th Anniversary)
Gone With the Wind (Expected 75th Annivesary)
There will be several more titles coming out on BD too, but haven't been announced yet.  Also, don't forget the Goldwyn and Paramount titles that Warner will be distributing over the next few years like Guys and Dolls and possibly The Best Years of Our Lives along with several other possibilities.
Crawdaddy
Wow, what a great list. I'm in for MANY of those, especially the James Dean Collection, White Heat, The Petrified Forrest, and others.

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
Have you guys visited Fox/MGM's vaults too ?Has there been any talk of Pink Panther series being released on BD next year ?Just in time to coincide with original's 50th Anniversary:)
Btw,i'm stoked about Jimmy's movies,and Original Gangsters collection!

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm good for:
Easter Parade
East of Eden
Rebel Without a Cause
House of Wax (3D)
The Big Parade
The Right Stuff (30th Anniversary)
I'm not interested in any of the redos.

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
Why do I suspect that this Goodfellas release still won't feature a new transfer?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Doctorossi /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013/30#post_3994816
Why do I suspect that this Goodfellas release still won't feature a new transfer?
I don't think so as the work used for the previous two BD releases is dated now and they need to upgrade the audio to lossless.

Crawdaddy

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
Robert Crawford said:
I don't think so as the work used for the previous two BD releases is dated now and they need to upgrade the audio to lossless.
Aside from the lossless audio issue (which could be fixed without a new transfer), the same could be said for the new re-releases of A Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket.
Hence my skepticism.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Doctorossi /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013/30#post_3994829
Aside from the lossless audio issue (which could be fixed without a new transfer), the same could be said for the new re-releases of A Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket.
Hence my skepticism.
I based my opinion on my conversation with a Warner executive in which he stated that titles with previous BD releases are being looked at again due to the higher bar with today's BD standards versus what they used in those previous BD releases. Now, I'm not saying every title, but I think Goodfella is one that can use such new treatment especially with it being a title that was originally released as far back as on HD DVD.

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
Robert Crawford said:
I based my opinion on my conversation with a Warner executive in which he stated that titles with previous BD releases are being looked at again due to the higher bar with today's BD standards versus what they used in those previous BD releases.  Now, I'm not saying every title, but I think Goodfella is one that can use such new treatment especially with it being a title that was originally released as far back as on HD DVD.
Awesome! Thanks, Robert. If they do give us a new transfer, I'm all over it.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Obviously not a complete list, but rather what they are allowed to announce and confirm (more Samuel Goldwyn is certainly on the way). A great list so far.
Robert Crawford said:
Enough people buy The Big Parade then we will see The Crowd, The Wind and Greed.
That's what I'm thinking. Paramounts Wings may have done well enough give WHV the confidence to take a gamble at one of its own premier silent films on blu. Strong enough sales on The Big Parade would bode well for future WB-owned films on blu-ray.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I think Bill Hunt mentioned that WESTWORLD is coming too. I'm very excited about the MAD MAX trilogy (but holding onto my original Blus for the first two for the time being just in case)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by John Doe /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013/30#post_3994805
Have you guys visited Fox/MGM's vaults too ?Has there been any talk of Pink Panther series being released on BD next year ?Just in time to coincide with original's 50th Anniversary:)
Btw,i'm stoked about Jimmy's movies,and Original Gangsters collection!

We were not able to visit the Fox vaults last week.

I'm also excited for the James Dean films. We got to see a little bit of East of Eden and the before/after comparison.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
david steigman said:
Im getting all the titles that were on DVD in the Gangster collection. Not sure why Roaring Twenties or Angels with Dirty Faces didnt make the cut :)
Do we know for certain that these aren't included? If I remember the press release, the titles listed said something about them being 'part of' a collection. So even though they specifically listed some titles, it doesn't necessarily exclude these two?
Or does someone have more official news from later than the first press release?
David

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by David Weicker /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013/30#post_3995035
Do we know for certain that these aren't included? If I remember the press release, the titles listed said something about them being 'part of' a collection. So even though they specifically listed some titles, it doesn't necessarily exclude these two?
Or does someone have more official news from later than the first press release?
David

They're not part of that four title boxset coming out in Q2 of 2013. However, I can see both titles out on BD within the next two years.

Crawdaddy

Giovanni DN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Giovanni Di Natale
Hello.
Any news on when Before Sunset & Before Sunrise may be hitting Blu-ray?My BF love them very much:)
Gio.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Curious about the rest of the WB-owned Hitchcocks. Will we see a WB set given they're comparatively minor, or will they come out as singles? They seem to be the only big gap in Hitchcock on Blu-ray outside of the British films and a couple odds and ends.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Giovanni DN /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013/30#post_3995041
Hello.
Any news on when Before Sunset & Before Sunrise may be hitting Blu-ray?My BF love them very much:)
Gio.

Would not be surprised if these were titles that Criterion picked up. Though with the 3rd film coming out next year Warner could keep them.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by JoHud /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013/30#post_3995084
Curious about the rest of the WB-owned Hitchcocks. Will we see a WB set given they're comparatively minor, or will they come out as singles? They seem to be the only big gap in Hitchcock on Blu-ray outside of the British films and a couple odds and ends.

There are, by my count, the following WB owned titles left:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith (1941)
Suspicion (1941)
Stage Fright (1950)
I Confess (1953)
The Wrong Man (1956)

I don't see these as being terribly high on Warner's priorities for films of the 40s-50s. I Confess is probably the only one I'd buy myself, but I'd put Suspicion or The Wrong Man as the best bet to make it out on Blu. Maybe if their MOD Blu-ray program gets up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks