What's new

Warner to release Terminator 3 on BD 12/4 - with In-Movie Experience (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
So, there's not shafting "blu-ray" in this case, they're just shafting audio in general. Just wanted to clarify!

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Arrrghh! Now I have a conundrum.

I'm format neutral and have a PS3 and a Tosh HD-A2, but I tend to favor more toward HD DVD.

The HD DVD supporter in me wants to get this on HD DVD, but the OCD disorder in me wants it in the same format as T1 and T2, so all three will be cosistent sitting next to each other on the shelf.

What to do? What to do? :confused: :)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
FYI.

From blu-ray.com:

I am losing my frickin' mind because of Warner Bros. and their continual QC problems!

So, let's see, I am now waiting for corrected copies of:

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Serenity now!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Of course, it is also a CBS/Paramount (ST:TOS) and Universal (BSG) issue as well. Warner Bros. is definitely bearing the brunt of my anger at the moment since they have the dubious distinction of being 1) the most recent offender, and 2) the one with the most problems (HP, BR, and now T3). Anyway, I was just blowing off some steam, while trying to alert other forum members to another HDM issue.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
OK, I have a technical question:

How does one determine the resolution on HD-DVD or BD? As far as I can tell, the info button on the players out there don't say it, so how does a consumer confirm the correct 1080p or the incorrect 1080i?

Let me say this: if you can answer this question, it will help prevent this particular QC issue from happening.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

Ok I know that Pirates had the framing issue so thats no big deal as I am currently waiting for my corrected disc to arrive. But I am wondering what the issue is with HP:GOF and Terminator 3 is? Other than WB doing a total pouch screw and only offering standard Dolby Digital on the new BR release! :angry:

WB is disrupting my calm ! :eek:

Since I allready own Terminator 3 on HD-DVD WB will not get another penny from me for this title or T2 unless they offer a lossless audio track. Be it uncompressed PCM, Dobly True HD or DTS-HD Master Audio! No lossless no repurchase of the Terminator series in HD !!!

I allready own:
The Terminator (Blu-ray) uncompressed pcm
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Blu-ray) DTS-ES & DD-EX
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines (HD-DVD) Dolby Digital Plus

I really loved my DVD version with DTS when it came out but with HD media we should be getting lossless audio not the same lossy audio tracks used on the DVD's! I would be willing to repurchase T2 and T3 if they where to be rereleased with a lossless audio track, but until then I will buy other titles instead.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Some of the blu-ray versions of HP:GOF had an HD DVD rather thank a blu-ray in it. Terminator 3 was issued as a 1080i rather than 1080p release on blu-ray.

Doug

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hey Douglas,

Thanks for the reply on HP and T3. :emoji_thumbsup: I was thinking there was another problem with HP. I was one of the customers that got there HP box set home to find a rouge HD-DVD in the Blu-ray set. :eek: It was quickly taken care of as all I had to do was go back to the retailer and poof, all taken care of. ;)

So far I am very happy with my Blade Runner set I picked up today. I have only watched the first disc, but so far WOW! :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

The ST:TOS and BSG issues I referred to stem from packaging and scratched discs. I know that you did not have a problem with scratched discs in your ST:TOS set, but I, and it would appear many others, did, particularly disc one (as a result of being loose in the case).

Anyway, there have been QC problems across the board for both formats this quarter, and it real has put a damper on my enthusiasm when I receive a new release, as I'm becoming rather gun-shy as a result. Still, when things do go right, or are satisfactorily resolved, watching HDM is still a pleasure.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Oh got you. Yeah I was lucky and the Star Trek packaging is clunky to be sure. I'm thinking about putting them into standard alpha cases. Hoping Rick will make some cool covers.

A buddy of mine got BSG a few days ago and bitched forever about how it was the worst packaging he had ever seen!

Doug

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... So Warner finally found a workaround for "In-Movie Experience", but nobody's commented on how well it actually works in T3 so far? :D I guess not too many people jumped on the T3 release...

_Man_

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I haven't gotten the release quite yet, but I imagine I will come up with something after the third season is released. Even if it means just adapting one of my previous sets.

So is there something wrong with Blade Runner? Just got it yesterday. Guess I'll have to go snooping in that thread.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Disc 5 on some of the blu-ray copies is labeled as disc 5 but is really another copy of disc 1. You have to actually put it in and watch it to make sure you have the disc with the workprint on it.

Doug

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

Thank you. So the only way to know whether you are getting 1080i or 1080p is via the monitor. No BD player will actually tell you what it is sending.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

The "way around it" was just using branching for the scenes with PIP. Nothing tricky and works like a charm... smooth with no pause (BD and HD DVD do much better branching than DVD bcs of the added memory).

Contrast that with the "real" PIP on the Resident Evil extinction which causes the audio to mute for a moment while the player switches over to the alternate track. I wasn't very impressed. I hope that's an implimentation or firmware issue and not one that will represent PIP on all profile 1.1 software.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks