What's new

Warner titles not yet on DVD we'd like to see (1 Viewer)

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Although I put this one in that thread for Warners 2-disc set wish-list, I honestly don't care if it's a 2-disc set or not...

I just want to see...

A Face In The Crowd

on DVD...period

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Athena (1954)
The Clock (1945)
A Date With Judy (1948)
Girl Crazy (1943)
Hit The Deck (1955)
It Happened In Brooklyn (1947)
The Pirate (1948)
Presenting Lily Mars (1943)
Royal Wedding (1951)
Summer Stock (1950)
Thousands Cheer (1943)
Three Little Words (1950)
The Three Musketeers (1948)
Top Hat (1935)
Two Sisters From Boston (1946)
Two Weeks With Love (1950)

Basically any movies with Judy Garland, Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Jane Powell, Kathryn Grayson, June Allyson etc.

P.S. Hearing that It's Always Fair Weather and The Band Wagon DVDs are in the works, made me ECSTATIC! Thank you Warner!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
An extensive James Garner Box Set. He's been in some of the finest movies in the (Western) genre and with excellent different other actors as well. Somehow he seems underrated lately.

Oh, and speaking of Box Sets: a Louis Gossett Jr. Box Set would be a very good idea too!

Cees

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
And speaking of James Garner and Louis Gossett, Jr., how about the western comedy they did together, Skin Game.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
It's confusing as to why Nightmoves is not on DVD. There is a lot of Gene Hackman films on DVD and I'm grateful for that as I love almost all his performances, but Nightmoves is one of his best - a great companion piece to The Conversation and also contains an early Melanie Griffith performance (debut?).

But there are still a few more Hackman films not on DVD - any of these from Warner?

I Never Sang for My Father (Columbia)
Prime Cut (???)
Cisco Pike (Columbia)
Scarecrow (Warner)

And of course, a 2-Disc SE of Bonnie & Clyde is a must.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
:emoji_thumbsup:
You got it!

Go look at my list, George (post #4).
Skin Game (1971) Paul Bogart.
One of my favourites! :)

Cees

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
All the Tarzan Sequels such as the RKO sequels featuring Johnny Weissmuller... and Lex Barker, and Gordon Scott.
As I've said already, I think it would be cool if the films Tarzan Triumphs through Tarzan and The Huntress had audio commentary by John Sheffield. I also think Gordon Scott should record audio commentary for the films he has starred in.

1934 Treaure Island(directed by Victor Fleming and starring Jackie Cooper and Wallace Beery). I think it's good enough to deserve a special edition dvd

1933 The Monkey's Paw

The Son of Kong.

Douglas Fairbanks Sr. swashbucklers. If Warner can make United Artists DVDs starring Charlie Chaplin I don't see why they couldn't make any starring Douglas Fairbanks Sr. Most of those are already on DVD but I know some of them exist in far superior quality such as "Douglas Fairbanks in Robin Hood" for which the original Victor Shertzinger score by musicologist Gillian B. Anderson(not that of X-Files fame) and performed live with a 11-piece orchestra. I think this orhestra should record the score for Warner Home Video. This score is already available on home video but sounds terribly synthetic as it is.Apparently Gillian B. Anderson has also reconstructed and performed the original 1924 Mortimer Wilson score for "The Thief of Baghdad" which I think should be given the same home video treatment.
1925 Ben-Hur, A Tale of the Christ. Gillian B. Anderson has also reconstructed the original score for this film.

Trader Horn(Directed by W.S. Van Dyke)

1936 San Francisco(Directed by W.S. Van Dyke)

1935 The Last Days of Pompeii.

1935 Captain Blood special edition

1940 The Sea Hawk special edition

George Pal special editions

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Gordon,

Prime Cut belongs to Paramount now. There have been several mentions of this title in Paramount threads so Martin Blythe knows there is interest in this title. Keep those fingers crossed.

Amen to Night Moves. I've been mentioning this one on every possible Warner thread and can't see why this won't get a release sometime soon.

-Jon

Agee Bassett

Supporting Actor
The Sea Wolf restored to its original Director's cut length of 102 mins. The missing footage exists in 16mm form belonging to the John Garfield estate.

Kings Row
The Magnificent Ambersons
Sergeant York
Captain Blood
A Face in the Crowd
To Be or Not to Be
(1942)
The Mask of Dimitrios
Bringing Up Baby
White Heat
Angels With Dirty Faces

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

Isn't that a FOX title?

My WB wants;

Cruising -Al Pacino-
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Someone's Watching Me! (made-for-TV film by John Carpenter)

Derek_McL

Second Unit
Yes I'd love to see the Douglas Fairbanks Snr titles with full orchestral scores though I doubt Warners will do DVDs. I hope I'm wrong but Chaplin is really an exception among silent stars in terms of visibility and interest to a worldwide audience. The Kino DVDs are probably the best we can hope for in the forseeable future. I agree that the scores could be better but I'm not sure about better print materials being available. The version of Thief of Bagdad (1924) I'd love to see from someone is with a Carl Davis score from the mid 80s which incorporated Rimsky Korsakov themes and was just wonderful.

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
That would be awful(If the the 1933 version of "The Monkey's Paw" is a lost film).

If the best Fairbanks dvds will always be the ones already out from kino, that's pretty sad.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Speaking of Louis Gosset Jr., I forgot to mention a title:

Travels with My Aunt (1972) George Cukor

Not Cukor's strongest movie (I think it was his last one), but this film is a little favourite of my wife's, mainly because she loves the book.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks