Warner: Theatrical Cut of Superman: The Movie Please

Discussion in 'DVD' started by ZackR, Sep 23, 2005.

1. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

To Whom It May Concern at WB:

Your current DVD of Superman: The Movie is one of the prizes of my collection. It is truly one of the best I own. Thanks so much for it!

With the speculation of new SE's of the Superman films, please consider making the theatrical cut of Superman: The Movie available. While I greatly enjoy the extended cut on the current DVD, I would love the option to view the version that I watch innumerable times growing up. Also, if there is any way possible, please make the original soundtrack an option too. Don't get me wrong, the sound on the current DVD is stunning, but to those of us who watch the original time and time again, some of the audio changes are a bit jarring - particularly in the opening of the film.

Please do not take these comments as criticism of the current disc. This is only a request for the theatrical cut with original audio to be made available.

Thank you for your consideration.

2. Philip Hawkins

Yes it would be great to have both versions, may be even an uncut version of the film as well, via seemless branching.

3. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan Screenwriter

Yes indeed. Please issue the 143 minute cut of this movie with the original sound mix. The current picture transfer is beautiful and to see that with the version of the movie that I love would be great. It would be a wonderful DVD.

4. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

To the WB Personnel Who Particpated in the ChatL

Thanks so much for the excellent chat last night. I was unable to attend unfortunately, but have been reading all the details via the forum this morning. I had intended to join and ask about this, but family obligations kept me from particpating. Anyways, I sincerely hope that the theatrical cut of Superman: The Movie will be included on the 14-disc set. I know you mentioned that you are well aware of what the fans want regarding extended/deleted scenes, etc. Nothing could be more true and I am excited to see what you put out there. Please keep in mind as well that there is great interest for the original, theatrical cut of Superman: The Movie as well.

Thank you again for taking the time to chat with HTF!

5. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

Nevermind my last post, apparently you (WB) confirmed the theatrical cut of the first film in the chat!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you!!!! [​IMG]