Warner - "The Man Who Would Be King"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Terry Hickey, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Terry Hickey

Terry Hickey Second Unit

Terry Hickey
    Warner Brothers, please consider revisiting "The Man Who Would Be King". It would be nice if it was pressed as a DVD-9 so that it wouldn't have to be flipped over as is the case right now. It is an excellent film and you did a nice job on it. I hope you will revisit it and press it on one side, plus maybe get Sean Connery and Michael Caine to do a commentary about it since the director, John Huston, has passed away.

2. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    I agree. I've been holding off buying not only THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING, but also THE WILD BUNCH and GOODFELLAS, until dual-layer editions of these three great films are finally made available. Bonus material would be most welcome for each, but I'd buy these even if they were just bare-bones non-flippers.

3. Joel Turpin

Joel Turpin Agent

I would welcome the opportunity to replace my current version of this film with a better one. If the video was better and there was no flipping involved, you'd have a sale.
    (Same goes with the aforementioned Goodfellas and Wild Bunch)
    Joel

4. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    What kills me is the inconsistency - Warner Bros. manages to get both a full screen and a widescreen version of ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN (138 minutes) on a single disc, yet can't find a way to put the entire MAN WHO WOULD BE KING on side one (129 minutes) and the supplementary material on side two.