What's new

WARNER: The Hobbit DVD is missing critical sound effects (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
We've all noticed it. We grew up with this movie; many of us listened to the double record set enought times that it's been memorized.
Why then, is the DVD version of this classic animated film (that we've waited for so long) missing so much of its critical sound-effects???
Here's another link discussing this in the "software" forum:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ghlight=hobbit
What can be done? Can you repress this disc with the corrected soundtrack?
My vote would be for a 20/48 kHz PCM mono soundtrack for optimum fidelity. In any case, the VHS version is done right. Why can't the DVD version be at least as good?
-dave

JaredB

Agent
I'm very dissapointed that I waited so many years for this on dvd, only to recieve a disk with key sound effects missing.

I'm confident Warners will do the right thing and correct this problem. I guess I'll be watching the forum for when they do.

: )

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Unlike many others here, I'd never seen this movie until the DVD was released. A watched a friend's copy, and enjoyed it quite a bit. I planned, in fact, to run out and purchase the disc for myself.

But I've since learned of the audio problem this disc has, and have decided NOT to purchase the DVD until it is corrected.

Warner, I know this isn't a major title for you, but that's a least one sale lost. A lot of people are very fond of this movie, and I don't think it's too much to ask that they just get the CORRECT version of this movie. No need to go out of your way for a big, souped up special edition. Just a CORRECT version.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I already bought the old one. But I promise you I would buy the corrected one if you released it.

Scott Dill

Stunt Coordinator
Just echoing others comments. Even though this is a small, release, it should be corrected.

David Stone

Stunt Coordinator
The current version of the Hobbit is defective. Period. This defect was caused by an error when the disc's audio was mastered at the manufactuer's level. I expect nothing less from Warner Home Video than a corrected version with which I can exchange my defective one.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know how to contact Warner to make them officially aware of this problem and that we would like a new corrected version?

-dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks