Warner Supporting OAR on Dangerous Liaisons Packaging?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TheoGB, Jun 2, 2002.

1. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Well on the UK version but I wondered if this was true on their R1 counterpart.
    There are a tonne of Warner titles in an HMV sale at the mo. Normally the back of their boxes just say 'Regular' or 'Widescreen' with the ratio underneath. Then it'll say 'enhanced for widescreen TVs or something'.
    Dangerous Liaisons says something like 'widescreen - suitable for all TVs'. I dunno it's subtle but it just seemed like it was saying 1.33:1 would be unsuitable for all TVs...if you see what I mean! [​IMG]
    Hmm. Any thoughts?

2. David Wilkins

David Wilkins Supporting Actor

Theo,

I have the R1 DVD, and it's a dual side disc with P&S on one side, and 1:1.85 WS anamorphic on the other side. Both are stated accurately on the box cover of the R1 version. I don't know exactly how to interpret what you're seeing on the R2 package.

3. KlausWinkler

KlausWinkler Agent

I think you are interpreting too much into it.

IMHO it's just Warners way to say "You don't need a WS TV for it"...

4. Steve Deacon

Steve Deacon Stunt Coordinator

I have the R2 of Dangerous Liaisons, it is 1.85:1 anamorphic.

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

This along with the Director's Cut of Blade Runner are actually "pan-and-scan exclusives" on DVD (meaning the only way to get a pan and scan version is on DVD), since these were both released on laserdisc and even VHS ONLY in widescreen, but the DVDs include both versions.