What's new

WARNER-Spec Ed of N.L. Vacation/ European Vacation (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Warner,
Its about time you released these two movies
National Lampoons Vacation Special Edition
1.85:1(16x9)
5.1/2.0
Trailer(s)
Commentary by Harold Ramis and Chevy Chase
2nd Commentary by the 'Vacation kids'
This is by far one of the top ten comedies of all time. Give this movie what it deserves.
PLUS!!!
Finally.... release National Lampoon's European Vacation
1.85:1(16x9)
5.1/2.0
Trailer(S)
MAYBE RELEASE A ULTIMATE VACATION BOX SET with all 4 films in 16X9!!!!!!!
------------------

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This is uncanny! That you posted this particular note.
In the OAR discussions surrounding Wonka, I had stated that I didn't own any of the Vacation films, as much as I loved them, because the DVD's were all P&S. Later on I realized that I actually have all three DVD releases, because I'd gotten them as gifts early on. I'd just never watched them.
Well, last night I was waiting for the missus to come home from a friend's house, so I killed a bit o'time by sticking in the first film and jumping around a bit.
Let me tell you...I have a 32" 4:3 TV. Nothing special. And the image on this one is so soft and grainy due to the P&S zooming that it is virtually unwatchable. It looks like I have bad reception or something! In addition there were a number of artifacts that kept jumping me out of the picture...though I was never much in it.
I quickly checked out the other two...no difference. Christmas Vacation was the sharpest of the lot, but that's not saying much. Sigh.
I would be first-in-line for a properly done box set of all the NL's Vacation series. I *might* donate all three of these to Goodwill, they're so horrible. I'm sure there's someone out there who appreciates them in their current versions...but I can't imagine who.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I too look forward to getting these films...eventually. Until they get around to getting them cleaned up and presented right, after getting burned on the Christmas Vacation disc and it's may flaws, I have simply objected to buying any early release from Warner.
These films, at least the first and third, deserve such better treatment than what the studio has given them.

John Torrez

Second Unit
They need to release all 4 films (yes, I liked vegas vacation) as full fleged special editions in a box set.
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Why not do full 24 bit/96 kHz DTS 5.1 remasters/remixes while you're restoring the negatives for the first three Vacation films and preping them for 1.85:1; not 1.78:1! ratio, 16x9 enhanced DVDs?
One more way you can make up for your pan and scan/open-matte blunders.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Matthew H

Second Unit
I totally agree. The Vacations are some of my all-time favorite movies. I admit I own the Pan & Scan versions, but we absolutely need new SEs. Even after all these years I've yet to see the Vacations in their OAR on video.
------------------
Matt
Mobu? Sounds like some sort of damn car polish.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I would buy a Vacation boxed set in an instant. These are some of my favorite comedies ever. Chevy Chase is an unsung genius.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Release all 4 OAR/16x9 and I would buy them all (or a boxed set if available) without a doubt. I've been wanting these films on DVD (done right) for a long time. Bloopers, outtakes, commentary tracks and anything else Warner can throw in would bring tears of joy to my eyes.
------------------
John
http://www.twowiresthin.com

rhett

Supporting Actor
The Vacation films are great! Christmas Vacation is practically mandatory viewing each Christmas, so it, at the very least, should be given a decent transfer! Come on Warner, you have some back catalogue favorites in your hands, and these P&S will not suffice. Give Chevy a little respect!! :)
------------------
Help urge Fox to release Terror Train on DVD Uncut!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003324.html

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I pretty much love most films that Chevy Chase is in! Vacation series, Fletch, Caddyshack, Groove Tube, Oh Heavenly Dog!, Seems Like Old Times, Foul Play. He even had an uncredited bit role in Hero (Dustin Hoffman, Geena Davis) that cracked me up! I can't find the Hero DVD anymore...noone stocks it (it was promoted on the Kramer Vs Kramer DVD, reminding me I didn't own it yet). Maybe Columbia will get around to marking it down from it's $25 SRP, so I can dig up a copy at Sam's Club. In the meantime, I think we'd all like more of the Chevy gems brought to DVD. And, as I said before, a good start would be proper discs for the Vacation series!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

[Edited last by David Lambert on September 01, 2001 at 08:33 AM]

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I love all of these flicks. Chevy Chase is definately an underrated comedian...
"Audrey, when they close a road, they put up a big sign, like this one AGHGHHHHHH!"
------------------
"What if he honks in the car?"
"I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks