Warner - "Scooby Doo, Where Are You?" Boxset!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DennisTuck, Feb 19, 2002.

1. DennisTuck

DennisTuck Extra

Does anyone think that maybe we'll get lucky and the WB will try to capitalize on the forthcoming Scooby Doo feature film by releasing a boxset of the original Scooby Doo, Where Are You? animated series?
    There are only 25 episodes in the original 2 seasons from the 1960's (the best and only for this fan). That's only one more half-hour episode than the upcoming Friends season 1 boxset. I think we as Scooby fans deserve this. So far we've only been given the first five episodes on Scooby Doo's Original Mysteries and three more out-of-order season 1 eps on Scooby Doo's Spookiest Tales.
    Warner has proven they aren't afraid to immediately release a season set after previously issuing best-of editions, just ask all those people who already own Friends episodes on DVD.
    Get on it WB, don't drop the merchandising ball on this one. It would probably do better than the movie will [​IMG] lol.
    DennisTuck [​IMG] [​IMG]
    a.k.a. "The Creeper" on DVDFile

2. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

I KNOW my wife would be buying a box set in an instant. I believe she has ALL Scooby Doo's on tape up to the terrible Scrappy Doo eps, although she does have "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo" on tape too.
    Talk about an instant hit with her!
    BTW, what about the older movies that are still only available on those space-wasting plastic VHS cases?? Like Scooby-Doo and the Arabian Nights, and Scooby Doo Goes to Hollywood?
    Chris.

3. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

The original Scooby Doo is by far my favourite Hanna-Barbera cartoon and, rest assured, I would snap up such a set instantly.

Consider this post a deposit on such a set. Having the ability to remove the canned-laughter tracks that plagued some of the episodes would also be a huge boost (ala M*A*S*H* Season One).

4. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I hope WB simply puts all the Scooby Doo stuff in a DVD boxset (and VHS box set) so Cartoon Network doesn't have to show it 5 times a day!

5. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I would buy Scooby season box sets for sure. [​IMG]

6. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

I would be up for full season Scooby box sets, but only pre-Scrapy ones.

-Chad

7. Derek M Germano

Derek M Germano Second Unit

Scrapy may be bad- but not as bad as Scooby Dumb! Anyway, put me down for a SCOOBY DOO WHERE ARE YOU DVD box set.

8. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

I would buy the Scooby-Doo episodes if Warner brings it out in season-by-season format. I only all of the Scooby-Doo movies on DVD such as Scooby-Doo & The Witches Ghost, etc but I own only one episode DVD (Scooby-Doo's Original Mysteries). I stopped buy Scooby episode DVD's when Warner starting mixing the episodes.