What's new

Warner releases R.E.M. Reveal DVD-A!!! (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I didn't think it was actually going to happen, but it did.

It's a freakin' miracle! DVD Empire and CircuitCity both list it as IN-STOCK! DVD Empire wants $22.00 and CircuitCity wants $13.99.

..Guess where I ordered it from.. duh.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
John, DVD Empire is one of the big online DVD-A retailers along with DVD Planet and Digital Eyes. (DVD Empire has the nicest layout for DVD-Audio, but their prices are a bit higher than the others). In fact, almost all of the large online dvd video stores carry DVD-A. Follow the link and then once the page opens, click on the DVD Audio tab at the top of the page.
DVD Empire

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Micahel,

You missed the emoticon. I was joking about the place of purchase.

DVD Empire's prices are too high, so I don't purchase from them.

Regards,

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
John, Sorry....I saw your emoticon, but it looked confused. I didn't bother to check it's meaning. :b

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Micahel,

Easy to do -- typed words miss vocal inflection, which carries much of the information of communication.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone found this in Best Buy? I went to the local one today and Reveal was no where to be found...not to mention they only had 3 of the Stones remasters. I think it is going to be online shopping for now for all hi-res material.

J

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I've listened to this DVD-A about three times now, and I am pretty impressed with it. The mix reminds me alot of the Dishwalla DVD-A. There isn't alot of use of the surrounds, they are mainly for atmosphere.

The first song seems a little 'hot' but things seems to cool down considerably after . I couldn't find alot of variation in sound quality after the first track. It's an excellent disc and it's definately worth the $13.99

George See

Second Unit
Wow thanks for the info....just placed my order...did you listen to the dvd on a DVD-A player or just a regular DVD player.......I can't wait for Automatic for The People. I have a feeling that will be the better sounding of the two discs....I'm kinda surprised they didn't go all out with crazy surround effects for reveal as it's already loaded with unusual sounds.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Just DVD-A for me. I haven't tried the stereo mix yet. I think I will do that today and give a listen on my Sennheisers.

George See

Second Unit
I was actually curious about the dolby digital mix, as I don't have a DVD-A player just a DVD player....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks