WARNER: Release box sets of Mystery Science Theater 3000 instead of 4 DVD's a year.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick McCart, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I usually don't encourage rush releases, but 4 discs a year is kind of pitiful.

How about at least 8-10 episodes a year?

I gladly own 3 episodes...but that's HALF of what's out there (with 2 more coming soon).

There are a good bit of episodes featuring films with "free" rights since they are public domain. How about it, eh?

(I forgot to add why I'm aiming this towards WB...I looked at the back of my Manos DVD and it said this: "(c)2001 Rhino Home Video, an AOL Time Warner Entertainment Company". That explains why the discs are WAMO...)

2. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

I second that!

3. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Also agreed. Warner seems to be going in the right direction with Friends but Mystery Science Theater definitely need some attention. We need more MST3000 on DVD>

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The problem with MSTie is the movie rights. Many times they need to sign new deals for DVD. Of course, I wouldn't mind some DVDs of theBest Brains exclusives [​IMG]

5. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I'd sure love to see more of the early Joel Hodgson episodes (like AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN - the VHS edition of which fetches big bucks on eBay). I'm sure the licensing rights are a nightmare.