Warner - please release these Reagan films

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Steve...O, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    To the good folks at Warner Brothers -

I am in no way trying to capitalize on the former President's recent passing with these requests (I have wanted these for some time), but the reality is that his increased profile recently will bring more attention to this.

I would like to see a boxed set of Ronald Reagan films (perhaps utilizing 2 films per DVD) with preference given to the following titles:

Storm Warning
    Hasty Heart
    Voice of the Turtle
    Knute Rockne, All American
    Brass Bancroft series
    Brother Rat & Brother Rat and a Baby
    King's Row

Also, even though these two titles are staples of the PD market, I would like to see Warner release "Sante Fe Trail" and "This is the Army" (UCLA restored version).

I realize that some of these titles may not sell as stand alone titles, but I feel boxing them up with more well known titles will make them more salable.

Thank you for your consideration.

Steve

2. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    To the good folks at Warner Brothers -

I am in no way trying to capitalize on the former President's recent passing with these requests (I have wanted these for some time), but the reality is that his increased profile recently will bring more attention to this.

I would like to see a boxed set of Ronald Reagan films (perhaps utilizing 2 films per DVD) with preference given to the following titles:

Storm Warning
    Hasty Heart
    Voice of the Turtle
    Knute Rockne, All American
    Brass Bancroft series
    Brother Rat & Brother Rat and a Baby
    King's Row

Also, even though these two titles are staples of the PD market, I would like to see Warner release "Sante Fe Trail" and "This is the Army" (UCLA restored version).

I realize that some of these titles may not sell as stand alone titles, but I feel boxing them up with more well known titles will make them more salable.

Thank you for your consideration.

Steve

3. FrankXS

FrankXS Stunt Coordinator

Steve,

My seconding to your post about Ronald Reagan box set.
    Maybe King's Row could be a special disc in the set.

4. FrankXS

FrankXS Stunt Coordinator

Steve,

My seconding to your post about Ronald Reagan box set.
    Maybe King's Row could be a special disc in the set.

5. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

I will provide a "second" second to a box set of Reagan films on dvd. It's really surprising that neither Kings Row nor Knute Rockne have made it to dvd as of yet. They are both quality films. I'm not familiar with the Brass Bancroft series, however. I also agree that "This is the Army" needs to be reissued in a restored version. I recently picked up a copy of this film by Critics Choice because it says "Digitally Restored". The quality of the video was terrible. This film deserves far better restoration than that.

6. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

I will provide a "second" second to a box set of Reagan films on dvd. It's really surprising that neither Kings Row nor Knute Rockne have made it to dvd as of yet. They are both quality films. I'm not familiar with the Brass Bancroft series, however. I also agree that "This is the Army" needs to be reissued in a restored version. I recently picked up a copy of this film by Critics Choice because it says "Digitally Restored". The quality of the video was terrible. This film deserves far better restoration than that.