What's new

Warner - Please release Strange Brew (1 Viewer)

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
Bring on the Brew! I'd buy that!
------------------
They mostly come at night. Mostly... - Newt

Chris Kr

Agent
Definitely needs a special edition! Great movie with a great following. Please anamorphic! Thanks! I would definitely buy!

Daniel Halsey

Auditioning
Count me in. (Standard content requests apply)
Any additional "McKenzie brothers" footage would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Gavin K

Stunt Coordinator
When DVD first came out I popped one on my turntable, thought it was a British new wave EP. Now that I know the truth, please, please, please release this movie.
------------------
"Wow, what a dramatic airport!"

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
"Wait, don't get out of your car! Your tires are insulated...you'll electrocute everyone" or words to that effect...see, I need the disc to refresh my memory. Hosers.
Bruce
------------------
Link Removed

ShaneP

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, eh. I agree with the rest of you hosers. This is on my list of WILL BUYS. If I can get this and Better Off Dead in the near future, I will be content for a while - until the Star Wars 6-pack is released in 2006. =)

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
By law, all Canadians should own a copy of this movie.
Suggestion: An audio commentary track from Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas as Bob & Doug Mackenzie would be THE commentary to end all commentaries.

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator
This is definately a must-buy DVD if it ever comes out...
Please release this one
--kyle

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
A friend of mine, whom I've just recently introduced to Bob & Doug via Strange Brew and the Great White North Album, made this observation: Bob & Doug were doing a show about nothing long before Seinfeld.
WB - Don't be knobs, eh! Like, TAKE OFF, eh! And while your at it, bring us the Strange Brew!
------------------
~Marriage is great but she keeps leaving the toilet seat down...~

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Count me in, eh? I'd like a commentary with Bob & Doug, and a second commentary by Rick & Dave. It'd be great if Sydow could show up for it too! This is a must have!
------------------
M. Hyde

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I would buy this dvd in an instant......I've watched my crappy fullscreen VHS copy sooooooo many times, it's a way of life for me and my friends.
I also second the idea for a commentary with Moranis and Thomas in character (e.g. the commentary on the MGM release of This Is Spinal Tap) as well as a normal commentary from them about the making of the movie (hey, they directed too!). This feature was the first thing that popped into my head when I started reading this thread.
Obviously the dvd should have the requisite anamorphic widescreen transfer, and at least a good transfer of the original soundtrack (though I wouldn't mind it being remixed to 5.1 at all! Just make sure to give us a choice by including both). Deleted scenes would be great too.
So, take off you hosers and get crackin' on this dvd!!!
-Tom

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Also, I'd like to recommend the album "Great White North" by Bob & Doug McKenzie. It's a beauty, eh.....extremely funny (and cheap)!
-Tom

David Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Release this on DVD eh and you can have my donut...it's a jell-y. Have all you hosers downed as many Elsinore's watching this movie as me...
"Luke, I am your father turn to the dark side you nob"

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
me too hoser!
------------------
Crash
"Even if you were right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus TWO plus one plus one..."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
Its a crime this hasnt been released on DVD. Although now Warner has the opportunity make this a specacular release.
16x9 transfer essential
5.1 remix so long as the original soundtrack is also presented
dig up the ole trailer
Commentary by Bob and Doug would put this DVD over the top
-Dan

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Isn't this an MGM title?
A few more reason to release:
1) This is considered an "evergreen" title by Blockbuster, Inc meaning it is one of the catalog titles they require to be in all newly opening stores as it has an exceptionally high rental rate. Certainly shows people like this movie.
2) There is currently work on a sequel called HOMEBREW. I don't know if the film will be made (currently tied up in court battles) Todd McFarlane is supposed to finance it- but I saw a script draft last yer and it was pretty funny.
http://www.spawn.com/toyfair2000/catalog/mckenzie.figures.html
Vince

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Vince,
This is one of those MGM Turner tiles that Warners now has distribution of. A friend bought a bargain bin VHS of this title in brand new Warner packaging. He paid 6 bucks or so, if recall correctly.
Regards,
D
------------------
~Marriage is great but she keeps leaving the toilet seat down...~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks